Can softer black rubber gimbal supports help my jello issue?

Reaction score
I know there are threads on Jello, and I also know there are solutions like adding a ND filter.

However, I can't find a conclusive answer if trying softer dampners will help. I ask because I am on a long trip and cutting the plastic pins and using zip ties would be the only way to secure the gimbal.... I rather not use zip ties of course as the plastic gimbals can break away in a crash and perhaps save the hardware if something bad happens.

My Jello issues seem to occur when I'm flying against wind or at higher speed... basically when I'm forcing the motors to work harder. Perhaps I could also do a test after prop balancing and also I could change to new props. But I'm away at the moment with no possibility of solving this save for cutting the plastic retainers and using the black dampners instead... (are both the black ones softer than the white?) Obviously, I would rather not use zipties and test this in thefield right now if it's pointless....

Re: Can softer black rubber gimbal supports help my jello is

Hi, I had the jello effect, changed to the softer black ones and used cable ties (zip ties) as a safety thing. It worked for me. Got the ND filter but it could clash with the compass so not tried it yet - got to move compass up a smidge.

Re: Can softer black rubber gimbal supports help my jello is

Thanks for that! Are both the black ones softer than the white? I know one is really soft

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie