Can skyzone fpv googles be connected to phantom 3?

I have the same goggles and I plan on using them with my phantom 3 when I get the HDMI module. I picked up this unit

HDMI to AV Video Converter Surports HD 1080P RCA Output

hoping to make it work. I have tested it with my cable box and it works, although it looked like the quality was a little lower than I would have thought. If this does not work out, I'll get me some headplay goggles.

Any luck with the gearbest hdmi converter? I just bought the HDMI module for TX have a set of skyzones, need a way to connect goggles but not wanting to spend another 75.00

OH yes. I use it often. I keep a small portable cell phone battery charger in my bag to power the small converter. It doesn't take much power. Works well for what it is.

Reactions: Swirv
Darmie, how did you get this to work? I purchased the same module you have in the link and also installed the HDMI module. I have been trying for a couple of weeks now and im getting frustrated because I am hearing that these Skyzones can work on the Phanton 3 and 4.

Here is how I set it up. I hooked HDMI cable from Converter to Remote and used the RCA to AV cable provided with SkyZone. I plugged the AV part of the cable to both the AV IN and AV OUT to see which works. Neither worked. I checked all bands and channels as well. Is there something I am missing? Could you possibly post a picture of your setup? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have the quanum goggles using the nvidia Shield hdmi output and had similar problem using HMDI2AV device, I resolved it by connecting power to the device through the USB port.

I have the quanum goggles using the nvidia Shield hdmi output and had similar problem using HMDI2AV device, I resolved it by connecting power to the device through the USB port.

I tried powering through USB using a battery and then tried plugging directly into the wall. Still got nothing.

Reactions: Cutter52
I tried powering through USB using a battery and then tried plugging directly into the wall. Still got nothing.

Do you see a blank screen or a test pattern similar to the one below on the goggles?
gwen-stefani-tv-test-pattern-06.jpg

If you do have a test pattern, then there may be a problem with hdmi connectivity. When mine didnt work at first i plugged it into my PS4 wiggled the hdmi cable a bit and it started working. I'm sorry i cant be of further assistance.

No problem, I appreciate your help! I'm not 100% where to plug the AV cable into. Does it go to the AV IN or AV OUT? The AV In is a black screen in which I can not change or adjust band or channels. When its plugged into the AV Out, I get fuzz like I'm on a bad TV station but I can adjust the bands and channels which doesn't help. Ill try messing around with the HDMI cable when I get home to see if its some type of connection problem. Thanks again!

Sorry to not get back sooner.
One thing I did notice is I can't plug the jack in the goggles all the way, It can't click in, a good snug but not click in. The plug goes in the AV in jack though. I'll take a look at mine tonight and see what color goes where for you.

This is my setup. Can you see if anything looks off or if I'm missing anything? The screen shot is just black. And I can adjust any channels or the band. Thanks!

ok. One of the things is I'm only using a 2 rca connector. You only need to use just one rca plug. That goes in the yellow out of the white module. in this example I'm using the red connector. Look at how I need to connect into my goggles. It does not need to click in fully. Also, interesting enough, I have my module set to pal but it's us. Let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• 20160622_203720.jpg
    20160622_203720.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 645
  • 20160622_203627.jpg
    20160622_203627.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 546
  • 20160622_203618.jpg
    20160622_203618.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 529
ok. One of the things is I'm only using a 2 rca connector. You only need to use just one rca plug. That goes in the yellow out of the white module. in this example I'm using the red connector. Look at how I need to connect into my goggles. It does not need to click in fully. Also, interesting enough, I have my module set to pal but it's us. Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks Darmie, I'm going to try this when I get home.

Reactions: Darmie
Sure. Anytime. Now we know what rca connector to come out on with the white module, Just try a few plugs and insert the phono jack in the goggles fully and then try part way.

One thing i have noticed, I don't have a PAL or NTSC. I bought the one that has a 720/1080 switch on the side by the usb. I'm assuming I have to buy the one that says PAL/NTSC instead?

I really don't think it mattes to be honest with you that you do not have a switch. You may have a better unit that has better resulution

Cool, ill try it tonight and post results. worse case is, I bought this this stuff from GetFPV in Sarasota Fl which is about an hour away. Ill take it there this weekend and see if they can set this thing up. I'm fairly educated but this is making me feel like an idiot! ;)
thanks

No worries Swirv. There are things that take me hours of Youtube video's to figure out. Hell, I've already replaced my youtube player's needle several times.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20