can remote controller charge smartphone?

Reaction score
Hello, flying in a sunny day will drain phone battery quickly, because the display brightness must be set high..
I supposed remote controller could power the smartphone.. the cable and connector are the right ones (at least in the case of iPhone).. why not? Mine does not power / charge the phone. that's a pity in my opinion.. is there any option to set?

Thanks

I use'd to use a 'shell' that fitted round the phone that had a built in battery, that seemed to work just fine.

I have checked if it actually charges, but my charge indicator comes on when I plug into the remote (nexus 5). I'll report back later if it really does.

Mine kicks on when I turn the controller on but quickly stops. Think it recognizes a little voltage but not enough to keep charging. iPhone 6+

Android phones will charge. I've heard that Apple devices won't. Of course, if your device is using more power then the minimal charge it won't gain a charge. My Shield will gain a charge but it's nominal.

My sons Tab 4 charges, cheap Asus MemoPad 7 charges, S5 phone charges*, iPad Mini 3 I borrowed didn't.

* If I turn to airplane mode, if I don't it doesn't gain a charge but the remote is enough to sustain it and not lose charge.

It charges my phone. Using it as powerbank sometimes. I tested if the power can keep up by using apps and play video with high volume to consume Power. Powerindicator does not go down. Must be something over 1A out

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj