Can not render some video

Reaction score
I have several videos with no issues but I have had two so far that I can not render. I have Adobe Cloud and can render my prior vidoes and lenses correction with no problems. I have searched and tried several programs to fix the files. I have used VLC, "undf", along with K-lite which plays just about anything.

I am lost and need some the communities input please.

The SD card is 32GB, it was tested for size, bad sectors, upload and down load speed and is good.
I already have several videos on the card and those word fine.
I have tried the video in several formats, WMP, KLITE, Adobe, etc.

General
Complete name : C:\Users\Kelly\Videos\DJI\DJI00015.MP4
File size : 1.31 GiB

Attachments

• DJI15.png
    DJI15.png
    48.7 KB · Views: 623
Try powering everything up with the card in the camera. Get wifi connection and go to the app, then go into the album. Toggle to the sd card at the top of the screen and find your problem video. Click on it and then click on it again to play it down. Most likely it will not play down as video chokes over wifi. After a few seconds press pause/stop, exit out of the app, power down the phantom, remote, range extender. Try playing the file again either from the card or by copying it from the card to your desktop or a hard drive. I too started having issues after upgrading the app and switching to a larger/faster (class 10) card. Rolled back the app to 1.0.38 this morning and so far so good.

jimdenburg said:
Try powering everything up with the card in the camera. Get wifi connection and go to the app, then go into the album. Toggle to the sd card at the top of the screen and find your problem video. Click on it and then click on it again to play it down. Most likely it will not play down as video chokes over wifi. After a few seconds press pause/stop, exit out of the app, power down the phantom, remote, range extender. Try playing the file again either from the card or by copying it from the card to your desktop or a hard drive. I too started having issues after upgrading the app and switching to a larger/faster (class 10) card. Rolled back the app to 1.0.38 this morning and so far so good.

Thanks Jimdenburg for the recommendation, never dawned on me that the video extension was not able to write the file before shutting down. I fired the system back up and let the video play, didn't down load it, it now works and is accessible. Its a run on Bonita Beach and sunset in florida.

Thank you!!

AnselA said:
Strange: the file was modified a day before (May 11) it was created (May 12) ???

Ansela, didn't notice the dates in the properties that it was modified prior to being created. This one is going to blow your mind, I have a feeling they have a glitch in the software when writing to the SD card. Look at the modification date in this screen shot after replaying the video. December 31, 2007!?? Not sure how....all that I care about right now is the video is recovered.

Thank you as well for your input.

Attachments

• DJI15-1.png
    DJI15-1.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 490
I have a similar issue,, cant open a 2nd video after switching from video to still photo and back to video,, The Vision app says it is recording but the video will not load using VLC software. The first video loads every time perfectly,, Anyone know why?

JWDrone said:
I have a similar issue,, cant open a 2nd video after switching from video to still photo and back to video,, The Vision app says it is recording but the video will not load using VLC software. The first video loads every time perfectly,, Anyone know why?

It is the same issue I had......I was shooting video, stopped for a few still frames. Then went back to shooting video. Had the same issue with VLC, WMP, Klite, etc. What fixed it for me and another member is below, no 100% but it appears to be the issue.

Load the SD back in the drone, fire up the entire system, drone, wifi and open the app on your phone/device. Go to the menu, allow the vids to load in the menu. Go back and play the faulty video in its full if it will let you. I know it may be long, the wifi is very slow to review the entire video. The video should end, allow the drone to render and apply the codec coding to the video. Once that is done then take the card out and you should be able to play it on any desk top. It was NOT necessary for me to down load the video to my phone/device. All I had to do was just play the video and allow it to close and finalize the video, it appears the "File Format" was never finalized. This is the reason why none of the players can read it. It also could be, after going from a still frame (JPG) back to a video, the system did not kick back over to a "video" format extension to be included in the final rendering.

Test it and let us know the results, if so it appears we are closer to a issue so a "What to say" or "What to do" can be posted. I cant imagine we are the exception to the rule and others are having the same issue.

I have the same issue and will try these recommendation today. This is frustrating as the videos was taken in Etosha Namibia, which is 2,500 kms from where I stay. Don't want to loose the content :-(

Twoships said:
I have the same issue and will try these recommendation today. This is frustrating as the videos was taken in Etosha Namibia, which is 2,500 kms from where I stay. Don't want to loose the content :-(

I've had problems with videos appearing on the micro SD card, but not being playable. I believe 99% of the time I forget to stop the video recording before I power off the P2V+ at the end of the flight.

I just did a "bench test" where I started up the controller, WiFi extender, P2V+, and used my iPhone 5s to initiate a video, stopped the video and took several photos, then restarted the video. I then powered the P2V+ off before stopping the second video.

If I only took 20 seconds of the second video it wasn't even stored on the Micro SD. If I took over a minute of video, the file appeared on the SD, but couldn't be opened on my Mac.

If I simply put the SD back in the camera, powered on the P2V+ and let the camera LED go from red to green, then powered down the P2V+, the video file was properly "closed" so it could be opened on my Mac. I believe I lost the last few seconds of the video, and the date was set to Dec 31, 2007.

I don't think it is necessary to go through some of the more complicated steps suggested earlier to recover videos -- at least not with the latest firmware and software.

As many have pointed out, DON'T FORGET TO STOP RECORDING VIDEO BEFORE POWERING DOWN THE P2V+. But if you do forget, you SHOULD be able to recover most of the video file as I've indicated.

I experienced similar issues and the post above is most helpful - it's always long videos (large files) AND it's WHEN I POWERED DOWN WITHOUT STOPPING VIDEO CAPTURE!! I thought I had lost the video. But, I powered up the drone, let it go thru all of it's start up, then directly downloaded the file from the drone via USB to my macbook air. Note, the first time I did it I don't think I let the drone completely cycle thru it's light routine. Second time I gave it lots of time and the video worked. But interestingly, still when I got home and tried to use the SD card directly into my second macbook at home, it still wasn't rendered. Fortunately it's saved on my Air and it's incredible video of my friend wake surfing behind the ski boat. Anyway, I think Mac Guy is on to the solution - shut off video before powering down. ALB

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav