Can NOT hover under 8ft / auto decend?

L

lightingbryan

Has anyone noticed that it seems like the Phantom won't hover below 8ft. It acts like it is in some kinda programming to assist in landing? To get my craft to hover under 8ft I have to manually stay on the stick. Does the Phantom have some sort of auto decend function? It's super annoying!

not as far as i'm aware. Mine will hover quite happily at around eye-level. Lower and you start to hit the realms of "ground effect".

what version of firmware are you running?

Bmews

I haven't noticed that....but the closer you are to the ground , the more likely you are to notice the normal tolerances in vertical hold (~0.8m). I do a lot of close-ground-effect hovering (0.5-5ft), especially near the end of a battery pack, and I do have to keep my hands on the sticks to compensate for vertical hold limits.

If you really can't hold hover from 8ft up, you might want to increase your basic vertical gain slightly.

I have actually started to have the same issue....I am not sure if it is at 8ft or not but after upgrading (I assume that is the problem) it is not holding altitude. After a few minutes it clears up.

Because they don't travel 30mph, fly through trees, and take off, 40 ft into the air. Also dollys are super intensive to setup and move. Action Sports and Event coverage cannot facilitate dollys, and rarely jibs.

Look into adjusting your gains to get a better vertical hold. I would say up your vertical gain in increments of 10% until it holds how you want it.

When I hover a few feet from the ground (2 to 3 feet high) I also notice it tries to get lower. Above that it is fine. I just put this down to ground effect the same as the Phantom will try and stick to the ceiling if you get too close to the ceiling when flying inside.

SteveO said:
Look into adjusting your gains to get a better vertical hold. I would say up your vertical gain in increments of 10% until it holds how you want it.

xgeek said:
When I hover a few feet from the ground (2 to 3 feet high) I also notice it tries to get lower. Above that it is fine. I just put this down to ground effect the same as the Phantom will try and stick to the ceiling if you get too close to the ceiling when flying inside.

Thanks for the great comments! I appreciate the small tips! SteveO I have thought about adjusting some things. I have not played with those settings as I have been slightly scared to do so. xgeek my issue is the same except its 2-6 feet. I should take a video. Seriously if I hover at eye level it will just start to land. But it does it gracefully, so thats why I was wondering if there is some type of assist. Above eye level (8 feet) and it will slowly slowly come down to eye level and then start its decent. It makes filming in a line near in possible once you figure in j-hook.

OH AND TO THE TROLL - We don't need people like you in this group. Luckily its easy to squish low lifes as they are low enough to the ground to use your boot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20