Can Litchi do this?

Reaction score
I would like my bird to reduce altitude while staying in one place during part of its mission and swivel round 360 degrees then go back to its original altitude then carry on as normal but I can't figure out how to do this. Any advice please?

If you're in radio range, you can program it to fly like that and spend some time at the bottom. While hovering at the bottom, you can then manually rotate the bird yourself.

If you're not in radio range, there's no way to do it without moving at least a little.

Hope this helps.

Yep, it can do that in a waypoint mission. No problem. So lets say your flight altitude is 200 ft heading 0 degrees (N) and you want to stop, descent to 100 ft and rotate 360 degrees, then return to 200 feet and then continue on your way. Set a waypoint at 200 ft. at the point you you want to begin your descent and spiral. Set another waypoint directly on top of that one, at 175 ft and 90 degrees (E). Then another waypoint directly on top of that one at 150 ft and 180 degrees (S), and another at 125 feet and 270 degrees (W), and another at 100 feet and 0 degrees (N). Then put another waypoint on top of those at 200 feet and 0 degrees (N), and then your next waypoint at the next point to continue on your flight path. With this setup you will fly to the top of the spiral, descend 100 feet while spinning a full 360 degrees, then ascent back to 200 feet, and then continue on your way. Its easiest to do this in Mission Hub. I just created a test mission and flew it, and it worked like a champ.

The only gotcha here is if you are using curved turns. Depending on your speed, you may overshoot the stop of your spiral as your P3 comes to a stop. If your using straight turns, you can add a stop for some number of seconds at the top of the spiral to let it stabilize before beginning your descent.

Hope that helps.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4