Can iPad Mini be used for DJI VISION App?

Reaction score
My Phantom 2 Vision+ manual categorizes the iPad Mini under Supported Mobile Devices as "Available but not recommended." No explanation of why it's not recommended. Does anyone use an iPad Mini with the VISION app on their Phantom 2 Vision+? Have you run into any problems? I really don't need a cell phone so I'd rather not use an Android or iPhone if the iPad Mini will work.

echomedia said:
My Phantom 2 Vision+ manual categorizes the iPad Mini under Supported Mobile Devices as "Available but not recommended." No explanation of why it's not recommended. Does anyone use an iPad Mini with the VISION app on their Phantom 2 Vision+? Have you run into any problems? I really don't need a cell phone so I'd rather not use an Android or iPhone if the iPad Mini will work.

I use iPad mini no issues

sbjr0203 said:

Thanks for answering my question sbr0203- Do you need a special mount to attach the iPad Mini to the remote controller? How long have you been using the iPad with the Phantom 2 Vision+?

If you do a google search , there are countless post on what your asking. Also you use the iPhone app for the mini.

sbjr0203 said:
echomedia said:

I just bought iPad Mini 2, 3 weeks ago, it works ok. But my iphone 5s gives sharper/resolution than Mini 2. Does yours look soft, by comparing to iphone or mobile device? Is there or how to set the resolution in the setting tab on mini? Thanks

artsribanpot said:
I just bought iPad Mini 2, 3 weeks ago, it works ok. But my iphone 5s gives sharper/resolution than Mini 2. Does yours look soft, by comparing to iphone or mobile device? Is there or how to set the resolution in the setting tab on mini? Thanks

I don't own a Mini yet. I was planning on getting one to use with the P2V+

I use iPad mini no issues[/quote]

A new idea has occurred to me- what if I just buy an iPhone (instead of the iPad Mini) without subscribing to a cell plan. I ought to be able to install the VISION App and use it because it will still have WiFi and GPS, I think. Anyone use a iPhone this way? (Vision App installed to control the Phantom with no cell phone plan)

echomedia said:
sbjr0203 said:

Thanks for answering my question sbr0203- Do you need a special mount to attach the iPad Mini to the remote controller? How long have you been using the iPad with the Phantom 2 Vision+?

There are several posts with ways you can mount an iPad. I've been usining it since June , iPad mini with retina images are great. Here is links with parts I'm currently using.

http://www.uavdirect.com/FPV-Monitor-Mo ... pv-mmb.htm
http://www.uavdirect.com/FPV-Tablet-Ada ... tabadp.htm

echomedia said:
A new idea has occurred to me- what if I just buy an iPhone (instead of the iPad Mini) without subscribing to a cell plan. I ought to be able to install the VISION App and use it because it will still have WiFi and GPS, I think. Anyone use a iPhone this way? (Vision App installed to control the Phantom with no cell phone plan)

You would be cheaper just getting a s/h Ipod 5

Uptowndisco2 said:
echomedia said:

You would be cheaper just getting a s/h Ipod 5

IPod would defiantly be cheaper, or buy iPad WiFi only. That's what I use, and for any reason I'm out and about and need WiFi on mini I just turn on hot spot on my iPhone or if I remember to bring with me I use my WiFi jet pack.

I use full, non-mini, iPad 2 with this(Avantree) car backseat mount:
f837d7a9-52ed-40f5-9314-b47f217574b2.jpg

Works great!

echomedia said:
My Phantom 2 Vision+ manual categorizes the iPad Mini under Supported Mobile Devices as "Available but not recommended."

The reason it says that, is the app was intended to be used on the iPhone. It will work fine on an iPad, but it is not really optimized for the iPad. I used a iPad mini with mine, until I got an iPhone 6plus.

echomedia said:
:D
I use a 5S iPhone with no cellular service. It works great with Zeiss Cinemizer goggles. Ipad mini is my choice when not using the goggles. I have a hoodie shade for the mini which helps in the sun.

I use an iPad mini and it works well. Just have to rig a way for the holder to hold the bigger tablet. Ask me and I will show you what I made for about $2 that words great.

if you are going to buy the mini get the wifi-4G model because the wifi only does not have a gps built in and you will not be able to use the dynamic home pout feature in the newest version of the software.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl