Can I use this on my fc40 to control my camera tilt with naz

Re: Can I use this on my fc40 to control my camera tilt with

I bet HobbyFlip in Orlando, FL can answer that.

Good find, keep us posted please. :D

dtitus6297 said:
Found this cheap non gimbal camera mount to adjust tilt for a small board camera I have for fpv. I don't need pan, just tilt control. I would assume it would work but wanted to know if anyone tried a similar mount, thanks

http://www.amazon.com/Servo-Gimbal-Vide ... B00O3SCMG0

Connect to computer, enable gimbal, set range -100 to 100

Open Phantom, run servo wire for tilt to Pitch output of NAZA (I believe it is F2)

Set the tilt pot on the controller to mid point and power controller up

Briefly power up Phantom and make sure the servo is not locked into either extreme

Power down, connect to computer, power up and adjust gimbal range to allow tilt control to give the Tavel you need, but don't let it reach full travel on the servo in either end point

You can adjust the sensitivity to pitch change to keep the camera level on forward or reverse flight with the assistant. The most important thing is to not fry the servo by having the range figures too high in assistant. You may end up with something like -200 to 700 - depending on the servo design.

This is from My (failing) memory and just hits the broad strokes. Someone who works with servo driven gimbals on a daily basis could provide more precise directions.

Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster

Thank you very much for your input. I have heard from some people that I cannot connect the servo to naza without a power board to control the servo. I thought they were wrong but I have limited knowledge on the subject so I wasn't sure. Thank you very much for the reply Dalite, u are awesome

Thank you very much for your input. I have heard from some people that I cannot connect the servo to naza without a power board to control the servo. I thought they were wrong but I have limited knowledge on the subject so I wasn't sure. Thank you very much for the reply Dalite, u are awesome
a standard servo works just by hooking it up to the F2 port. I ran 2 servo's from F1 and F2 on a home made gimbal.

Sweet, I was hoping to get some more verification that it works. Thanks lake _ flyer for the input! What kind of servos did u use on urs?

Looking at the stock FC40 mount, it seems like you just need a single servo stuck to the chassis behind the mount in order to control the tilt. That and a piece of wire to join the servo arm to a small hole in the camera bracket. Then just make sure that the mounting screw is slightly loose to allow the joint to rotate (perhaps put some nail polish inside the nut so it doesn't loosen from vibration).

Seems like it could work, I am not using the fc40 cam anymore tho. I did the ar drone 2.0 mod and am using the ar drone cam for fpv since telemetry is all in them stock. The drone cam is small so I wanted a tiny cam mount to mount it to if that made sense...lol

U could even get real tricky and try to rig up a gear setup with the fc40 mount and a servo

I've verified that it's quite easy to attach a servo to the FC40 to control the pitch:
FC40_servo.jpg
Just a servo attached to F2, a piece of double-stick foam tape, a straightened-out paper clip, and a small hole drilled in the bracket.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic