Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Can I use Ground-Station without the camera&Gimbal attached?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by mikkel, Sep 6, 2014.

1. mikkel

Hi everyone,
    I'm having some issues with my phantom that i'm not sure about..
    I've crashed it a week ago, right on the gimbal & camera and destroyed them completely.
    since that moment I get "connection to phantom failed" on the app which is normal because the camera is toasted BUT I also don't get any
    indication on the satellites / Phantom Battery / Phantom's Mode / GPS data...

I disconnected the whole unit from the Phantom and still the same.
    The phantom itself flyes perfect, both on Phantom and Naza modes, Ioc works perfect.
    I get more than 6 satellites according to the phantom's performance and LED lights.

I bought a new gimbal & camera hoping it will solve all the problems and i'm still waiting for it to arrive.
    In the mean time I want to practice on the waypoint feature without recording or risking the camera and gimbal and I can't?!?!
    can anyone please tell me if this is normal? will the new unit solve all that or I might have more damage than I think?
    I attached all the screenshots of my app and software to show you all the info that I have

Thanks
    Mikkel
    [url]https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-_MbLSlHd4eNEV3cXhBX005U2M&usp=sharing[/url]

Attached Files:

2. Panamon Creel

Re: Can I use Ground-Station without the camera&Gimbal attac

You can't do WP flying without the V+ gimbal attached

3. mikkel

Thanks, and can you tell by the photo's if i'm getting all the right data that I should be getting without the gimbal & camera? or there are some other damaged components that I should check/replace?

4. DrJoe

I'm in the same boat as you. I disconnected my gimbal/camera and removed it from the Phantom entirely. Apparently, the gimbal assembly controls all information flowing to the app on your phone/device. Without the gimbal attached, no information will show. Mine is the same as yours.

The worry for me is that my crash damaged the main circuit board, or something else. I disassembled my Phantom and checked all the internal connections. I test flew the Phantom (using the LED's to indicate good satellite lock) and she performed flawlessly. There have been a user or two that reported telemetry issues following a crash and viewtopic.php?f=27&t=24176

My gimbal is due to arrive Wednesday and I should have it up and running that night. I will keep you posted. Fingers crossed that I didn't break anything else, but regardless, all internal P2V+ wires and components are for sale and available. @#%* $679 repair is enough.

PS. Don't drink and fly.

5. mikkel

Thanks! good to know that i'm not alone :) I can't wait to hear what are the results with yours 'cause you'll get it probably before me.
    If somehow Ill get it sooner ill keep you posted as well.