Can I use a sunhans 2.5w amplifier with a 2.4ghz 500mw boscam tx and rx?

Reaction score
I am about to purchase a tx rx set and figured since I already have this sunhans 2.5w 2.4ghz amp, I could get a lower power set like this. I think it is 2.4ghz 500mw boscam rc802 and ts321 tx and rx. I just want to go like 1500 to 2000 meters or so.
So basically I just want to make sure I can put this sunhans 2.5w amp on the receiver side and increase my range with also using circular polarized antennas/directional antennas.
Any info on if I can use this amp would be great, thanks

No idea what "this" is refering to (twice in sentence 1). When you say "amp" do you mean video receiver. Are asking is it OK to downgrade?

If you are concerned about range you should start by looking at your antennae. Not your transmitter/receiver.

I am about to purchase a tx rx set and figured since I already have this sunhans 2.5w 2.4ghz amp, I could get a lower power set like this. I think it is 2.4ghz 500mw boscam rc802 and ts321 tx and rx. I just want to go like 1500 to 2000 meters or so.
So basically I just want to make sure I can put this sunhans 2.5w amp on the receiver side and increase my range with also using circular polarized antennas/directional antennas.
Any info on if I can use this amp would be great, thanks

ANOTHER RECKLESS FOOL! [url=http://www.desicomments.com/desi/smileys/][/URL]

No idea what "this" is refering to (twice in sentence 1). When you say "amp" do you mean video receiver. Are asking is it OK to downgrade?

If you are concerned about range you should start by looking at your antennae. Not your transmitter/receiver.

Hughie he's trying to boost the signal with a wifi amplifier.

Hughie he's trying to boost the signal with a wifi amplifier.
It will end in tears.
giphy.gif

Or worse.

Honestly, I don't see how you didn't understand what I meant. Sure my grammar is not perfect, but I didn't know I was being judged

Exactly, I want to boost the signal with the sunhans 2.4ghz amplifier. Technically, I want to put it on the receiver side tho so it is just increasing the sensativity of the receiver....I think. However, I don't think it will hurt the receiver if I try it, I'll post back with my results when everything comes in the mail. It will be a few weeks tho most likely cause some is coming from china. Worst case, i damage a $25 receiver...I'll give it a shot

dji phantom fc40
ardrone2 mod 4 telemetry+fpv
tplinkwr703+sunhans 2.5w and alpha 7dbi panel antenna for wifi boost
based in new jersey US

Honestly, I don't see how you didn't understand what I meant. Sure my grammar is not perfect, but I didn't know I was being judged
Sorry for not understanding, but you confuse judging with comprehending.

Sorry for not understanding, but you confuse judging with comprehending.
I apologize then, I misunderstood and got a little snippy. My bad

dji phantom fc40
ardrone2 mod 4 telemetry+fpv
tplinkwr703+sunhans 2.5w and alpha 7dbi panel antenna for wifi boost
based in new jersey US

Yes, the comprehension was lacking. Speak in complete sentences.
A hint of what you want to do appeared in one of your posts, that you want to put the Sunhans 2.4ghz amplifier ahead of the receiver.

No.

You would want a preamplifier to insert before the receiver. The Sunhans 2.4ghz amplifier is a power amplifier for the transmitter. The specs say the input power is 0 ~ 20 dBm, but the received signal at the antenna is likely to be less than -100dBm.

You might try this

A little late to the party Steve.

Yes, the comprehension was lacking. Speak in complete sentences.
A hint of what you want to do appeared in one of your posts, that you want to put the Sunhans 2.4ghz amplifier ahead of the receiver.

No.

You would want a preamplifier to insert before the receiver. The Sunhans 2.4ghz amplifier is a power amplifier for the transmitter. The specs say the input power is 0 ~ 20 dBm, but the received signal at the antenna is likely to be less than -100dBm.

You might try this
The link that you posted just looks like a cheap version of my sunhans amp/booster, it is the same thing I have for the most part just a 3w instead of 2.5w

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yes, the OP is hard to understand.

Let's just start from scratch.

Your first concern should be having the best antennas for the goal you're trying to accomplish. Since you're goal is fairly long range, you probably want directional antennas. Next, you want to be sure you're aiming your antennas correctly.

If you're doing both these things and the range is still inadequate, you can use a booster. But if you are already using a 500 mw controller, which is pretty powerful, there is a potential risk there. From what I've read in another thread a while back, there is a risk of damaging an amp on the start up because the initial surge of power from the controller's boot up will exceed the input limits of the amp. You should look into that. If the risk exists, you might put an in-line antennuator between the two devices to dampen the spike on the start-up, or you could just be sure to always power up your controller first and your amp afterwards.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub