Can I use a Fubaba 8FG with a P2 ?

Reaction score
As I have a fault on my stock RC transmitter, it looks like I need to replace it with a futaba, probably something like an 8FG.

I've seen a video on YouTube about updating a Phantom 1 to a Futaba 8FG, but it looks like there are more RC options in the Phantom Assistant software on the Phantom 1 than there is on the Phantom 2.

Do I just connect the SBus connector on the Futaba receiver to the Naza and it will work ??
i.e does the Phantom 2 use SBUS be default ?, as I can't see any options to set this in the P2 assistant.

Thanks

You might want to wait, Futaba is discontinuing the 8 and releasing a 10 series.

Thank EMCSQUAR

Post by EMCSQUAR » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:10 pm
You might want to wait, Futaba is discontinuing the 8 and releasing a 10 series.

Thats interesting.

I wonder what price point would be. i.e I'm just after a unit to replace my defective DJI RC system, so not looking for anything fancy, which is why the 8FG series seemed to fit the bill, i.e I need at least 7 channels

EMCSQUAR said:

I think that's a 10J which would be the new top end for the J series possibly replacing the 8J. I haven't heard anything about the 8FGS being discontinued.

For the OP, if you're looking to set up an 8FGS with the P2, I've created a how-to here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8358

RogerClark said:
Do I just connect the SBus connector on the Futaba receiver to the Naza and it will work ??
i.e does the Phantom 2 use SBUS be default ?, as I can't see any options to set this in the P2 assistant.

Hi Roger, yes it's that simple. There are two cables that connect to the stock receiver. You just need to remove the one at the 'front' and plug it into the SBus on the new receiver and it'll work. The second cable is for the Zenmuse tilt on Channel 5 however this is already handled by the SBus so you can just remove the cable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31