Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Can I turn off the 3D view?

Discussion in 'DJI Ground Station' started by SteveMann, May 10, 2015.

1. SteveMann

I finally finished my springtime chore list to start learning to fly a mission, and I thought it would be as easy as dropping some waypoints on the map then setting the parameters for each waypoint. The manual PDF file is of little help.

Can I turn off the 3D view? I find this perspective very distracting. OK, make that extremely distracting. I expect my waypoint to be at the pointy end of the push pin icon, but apparently it's at the end of a red line under the push pin icon. When I move the map the pins move - Really confusing.

I am also having difficulty setting my home point

2. Buk

Buk

Quit the application and open your map application and turn it off there. Quit the map application and restart the GS application. Is 3d gone? Just a guess.

3. SteveMann

Sorry, I should add that this is on a PC laptop.

I still haven't had a successful GS flight. The first attempt, I went up to a safe altitude and hit "go", then nothing. The Phantom just sat there. I landed and uploaded the mission again and got a timeout error. (??). So I called it quits and brought everything back in to try again. On my next try the next day, I didn't want to fly without a camera running - I was going to compare the straight-down view with the points on the map. but something went wrong in the GoPro and all it would do is say "busy". I couldn't turn it off. I knew I needed to remove the battery to reset it, so back to the mann cave.
    The next day I was all ready to go, had a successful mission upload and was ready to fly, GoPro was on, video feed was good. Then I couldn't rotate the GoPro to look down. Probably needs an IMU calibrate, so back to the mann cave.

Maybe tomorrow.