Can i take my Phantom 2 ???

Reaction score
Hello All

I'm going on trip later this year to Canada. I want to take my phantom 2 & Gopro for some lovely videos and sights you only see once in a lift time... Here is the itinerary Fly out Of Dublin to Heathrow to Vancouver airport.. I wonder what if anything will be a problem? I bought a flight case last year so hopefully I’ll be able to take on board..

Really all I need to know is will I be able to travel to these locations without customs taking it off me

Answers would be great help on this ??

I live in Canada, took my Phantom 2 to the US last October, came back home no problems. Didn't get asked a single question coming back into Canada.

Now…where you decide to fly/film safely and legally in Canada is another question altogether…

I live in canada and bought my p2 here. No issues using it for non commercial purpose. You can actually use it freely for commercial purpose without prior approval but you have to be 5 mi from any town/city (not practical for the most part). Just use common sense and don't cause trouble.

macheung said:
I live in canada and bought my p2 here. No issues using it for non commercial purpose. You can actually use it freely for commercial purpose without prior approval but you have to be 5 mi from any town/city (not practical for the most part). Just use common sense and don't cause trouble.

Actually there is a longer list of rules/regulations for flying commercially in Canada put out by Transport Canada. One key point for flying commercially - you must carry minimum $100,000 3rd party liability insurance. This infographic may be of help: http://www.tc.gc.ca/media/documents/ca-standards/Infographic_Permission_to_fly_a_UAV_Web_English.pdf

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj