can i take it with me in a airplane?

Reaction score
hii,
i have a flight tomorrow im going travel and i want to take the phantom with me but i dont have a bag so i want to take it with me in the plane it would be ok?

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Your best bet is to call the airline you are flying on. They may allow it but only without the props. I would buy a cheap bag to put it in.

hii,
i have a flight tomorrow im going travel and i want to take the phantom with me but i dont have a bag so i want to take it with me in the plane it would be ok?

I can't speak about trying to carry it on the plane looking like a bomb ;) but I have flown several times now using the DJI backpack. They don't even flinch at it. I have flown out of CA, NY, FL and TX.

If you don't have a airline carry-on compliant luggage bag 22X14X9" (normally used for clothes) to use in the interim until you buy a Phantom specific backpack (most appropriate), I'm sure you have a neighbor or friend that has a carry on bag to improvise with. You must carry on your Phantom, you cannot check it with the batteries. Besides, I think you'll want to protect it anyway as carry-on, instead of letting others throw it around in the belly of the plane. If you do improvise, make sure the wrap each battery carefully to protect against shorting.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl