Can I still use my RC remote?

Reaction score
Hi guys

Yesterday I took my 1st fpv flight. All went well.
When i was packing up my gear to go home, i accidentally turn the antenna the wrong way and it "broke"

The little plastic piece that is holding the antenna is still there and the antenna itself can still rotate left

Can I just tied it up with a string etc and continue to use the controller or do i need to buy a new controller or antenna?

Does DJI sell just the antenna?

If yes, what's the part #? can somebody point me to the right direction or give me a link ?

Please see attached pictures

Unfortunately DJI does not sell just the antenna.

Yours might still be ok to use, but when the mast breaks like that it could cause one (or both) of these two faults:

1. Severing the grey antenna lead you see snaking from the mast in to the case. I broke mine like that once (on a different controller, same mount type though), and the grey lead had broken off too, about 1/2" inside the controller.

2. Separating the lead from it's solder point inside the controller.

Both will require you opening it up to check, and if you find either to be the case then whether or not you need a whole new controller depends on your soldering skills.

If everything looks good it might be ok to use but you'll have to make sure you do a very good job of re-securing the mast so as not to put any more tension on the grey lead. I would also test thoroughly first by taking the Phantom somewhere that you can walk it at least a few hundred meters away from the controller and see if it loses signal.

I've done exactly the same thing - broken off the plastic pins that hold the antenna in place. In my case there's no damage to either the wire or the connector, and I've threaded a thin cord through the holes to hold it all together. Makes the antenna a bit "floppy" but it all works fine still.

Maybe run a thread in the classifieds section and see if anyone who upgraded their TX wants to get rid of the old or someone who had a flyaway and only have the controller left . I'm going to upgrade this winter during down time but I'm sure you'll have something by then .
GL!

These antennas are basically the same as the Spektrum radio antennas. There are several different models but I am sure one will fit. It actually looks to me like Spektrum makes the transmitters for DJI.

Here are a couple of examples on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spektrum-DX8-DX ... 3a915f9e37

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spektrum-Transm ... 540d33c2f6

I would go to a hobby shop with your transmitter and they can get you one that fits. The only difference is it will be black. I have replaced them several times in my other RC transmitters and they are the same. Hope this helps.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4