Can I stay with an Old version of the DJI Go app

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 3 S. It is just over 12 months old and flies perfectly. about 6 months ago I tried to carry out a firmware upgrade as requested by the DJI Go app and it all failed horribly. After the upgrade the RC controller would not connect to the Phantom and the App would not connect. I had to send it back to the dealer ( RC GEEKS) who sorted it out at no charge, great service. Since then I have been hesitant to carry out any upgrades.

My DJI GO App is version 2.8.0 and everything works well. However recently everytime I open the app it says I need a firmware upgrade on the opening screen. When I continue into the camera screen the same message shows top middle of the app but after a while it goes and I get the normal safe to fly GPS . The ac flied perfectly in GPS, ATTI and F mode. I am therefore loathed to upgrade. If it aint broke don't fix it! However I am worried that one day this upgrade message will stop my flying. Can this happen or am I safe to carry on ignoring it?

However I am worried that one day this upgrade message will stop my flying. Can this happen or am I safe to carry on ignoring it?
Don't worry .. it's just advising you that newer firmware etc is available.
The message goes away and you can fly happily as long as you like just like that.

Reactions: krakatoa56
OK - you are mixing up two items.

The FW upgrade you are being warned about is the Firmware upgrade of the whole system. Basically this is not a bad upgrade to 1.8.10 FW ... at least it is stable.

Your post title though talks about Go App upgrade - this is NOT a FW issue and is purely an APP upgrade that will occur automatically via Play Store (iOS or Android) ....

I suggest you disable auto update if you have Android ... your 2.8.0 as you say works fine and you definitely do not want 3.1.2 version.

There is no requirement for you to upgrade either of them - if you are happy with the machine as is - STAY WITH IT ...

Nigel

OK - you are mixing up two items.

The FW upgrade you are being warned about is the Firmware upgrade of the whole system. Basically this is not a bad upgrade to 1.8.10 FW ... at least it is stable.

Your post title though talks about Go App upgrade - this is NOT a FW issue and is purely an APP upgrade that will occur automatically via Play Store (iOS or Android) ....

I suggest you disable auto update if you have Android ... your 2.8.0 as you say works fine and you definitely do not want 3.1.2 version.

There is no requirement for you to upgrade either of them - if you are happy with the machine as is - STAY WITH IT ...

Nigel

Thanks, I'll stick with what works.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik