Can I repair this myself?

Reaction score
Was flying and everything was OK until the ground rose up and grabbed my P3P out of the air. It seemed OK until I put it in the backpack and subsequently removed it. Upon removal, II think I squeezed too hard and one part of the shell seems to have separated (top from bottom) and is a little offset. This was not the result of the crash, rather my incredible hulk-like strength pulling the aircraft from the case.

Pic is below. Question is, can I repair this myself or is this something I have to send it back for? I'm not sure how to take the shell apart to re-align everything. Is there a video on how to do that somewhere?
f36da12f84d033d65bf2fc21b9a4f18b.jpg

9cfa78210cd80639e2c24fcab945ff4f.jpg

4dea0999a60f445c039d3f39acf5fb3c.jpg

No pic ?

Here's a video showing how to take the shell apart:

Thanks msinger. So do you think I cab just open it and re-align the shell, or does it need to be replaced?

I had this happen to mine on one side. If you manage to look at a picture of the casing you will see that one half clips into the other. If you know how it goes for me it was just a matter of squeezing the correct half to manipulate it back into the clip. To split the case may leave you having to do the same procedure but all around.

Reactions: alokbhargava
I think you can pop it back in place. It'll probably require opening the shell though.

I would just loosen the screws to start with and try and move it back together first and retighten . That has worked for me before.
Sometimes it hasn't and had to do as msinger said .

I would just loosen the screws to start with and try and move it back together
The shell snaps together, so loosening the screws probably won't help in this case. The OP might be able to push it back together. I wouldn't suggest forcing it too much though.

The shell snaps together, so loosening the screws probably won't help in this case. The OP might be able to push it back together. I wouldn't suggest forcing it too much though.
Aware as I have took mine apart :)
Loosen the screws will give it enough play to slip that lip back in place if that all it is .

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Aware as I have took mine apart :)
Loosen the screws will give it enough play to slip that lip back in place if that all it is .
Took it apart? Pretty sure you are intimately aware of most everything under that shell. :D

Reactions: dirkclod
Took it apart? Pretty sure you are intimately aware of most everything under that shell. :D
You would think so if ya read any in here huh :)
lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20