Can I opt out of a NFZ? Or is it a NFZ? DJI Maps conflict.

Reaction score
Too many changes, too many articles. In a week or so I will have my P4 but will the firmware keep me grounded in a **Possible***airport NFZ or can I opt out by the self certify? I know this topic has probably been exhausted but my search did not find the answer as it seems to go back and forth. to add to it.... Here is my dilemma. I want to do a video shoot of downtown Flint. ( Not over population, believe me... It's a complete ghost town) the first DJI map shows this area out of NFZ.
0dab9db4d7319a0d82dbc14381ddf3ec.jpg

The second DJI map shows it in the NFZ.
0cafee53b4aa0b9d353c340832bb6e5a.jpg

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The blue circle is the immediate area around the airport, you may not be able to fly there at all. The red circle looks to be the 5 miles FAA says you must contact airport authority to notify. The short answer, they're both nfz's.

As far as opting out, I have no idea.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: launchpad26
Thanks much. Strange to have so many maps all different but with the last one being the most recent I feel much better about my intentions. I think part of my troubles in misunderstanding all of the NFZ was because I had not created an account with DJI. After doing so I was able to see much more. Thanks again...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I live 4.8 miles away from the Kzoo airport and don't have any problem flying my P3. You should be fine?

Reactions: launchpad26

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31