Can I install a GOPRO HERO 4 BLACK on my Phantom 3 Professional?

Are you using MapPilot? It does an amazing job creating those kinds of maps with color elevation overlay in high resolution.

Currently I only have Phantom 2 (not even the "vision" version), so I cannot control the drone from cellphone app (to do that I'd have to buy the lightbridge for Phantom 2, and replace control receiver with 5.8 GHz one, so it's like buying new drone). I'm flying the drone by hand.

It is true that an app would do it more efficient than me.

Also there is no need to stay in communication contact during the mission.

Hm, I didn't knew that; from all the specs I read I was sure that the drone cannot store the flight path and then disconnect from controller... Are you sure about this?

Well, if FOV is your goal....
Will this solve it?
DJI Phantom 3 Lenses – Peau Productions
They list a 2.50mm f/2.4 143deg lens there.
1. You keep FPV function.
2. No extra weight
3. Cheaper than GoPro/mount
4. You keep remote control of all camera functions

Its only 143deg FOV (not your 180 goal) but its way wider than 94deg stock.

Wow, I didn't knew that the lens is switchable... 140 deg would be enough I think. I can compensate for the rest by just flying higher.

Great info, thanks Wolfiesden!

Like I said, I don't have any of their products and I haven't seen them mentioned here either so I don't know how quality they are. Its only $40 so its not like you need a 2nd mortgage to afford trying it. I am sure others would like to hear and see your results should you give it a shot.

The one I was contemplating (for complete opposite reasons than you) was the 4.35mm 72deg lens which would yield a tighter angle and less barrel distortion.

One note, I am not sure of your purposes for mapping but if its agricultural, you can get their 90, 82 and 72 lenses without an IR filter, but you loose the wide angle you wanted. They might do a custom on the 143 without a IR if that suits your needs. Couldn't hurt to ask.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl