Can i get an explanation of Course Lock vs Home Lock explai

Re: Can i get an explanation of Course Lock vs Home Lock exp

You might want to read the "Course Lock" in this section. It helped me a lot.

HL will only work in GPS mode which mean the GPS has to get the signal from 6 satellites or more indicating by GREEN and RED or no RED. So if less than 6 satellites, the HL will automatically switch to CL mode no matter what switch position.

CL use the compass to work.

There must be the home position recorded BEFORE either HL or CL to work.
This can be accomplished 2 ways:

1. During warm up, once the system start & self is finished and you did NOT move the Phantom, you will get rapid GREEN 20 times. This home position is set where your Phantom is.

2. During flight or fly and land somewhere else, flip the switch between OFF/CL 4-5 time, the nose direction for CL is recorded. Flip between CL/HL 4-5 time (then back to OFF), the home position is recorded.

HL will work only when your Phantom is more than 10 meters away but once you are within 10 meter of the home point, the CL will take over using the earlier nose direction.
CL: Phantom will fly in grid pattern.
HL: Phantom will fly as if you are the center.

See the video: http://www.dji-innovations.com/tutorial ... -tutorial/

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zqLEJipIao[/youtube]

tanasit said:
Both CL & HL will work only when your Phantom is more than 10 meters away.
/quote]

I just gave it a whirl,. and apparently since CL doesn't use the GPS, it actually does continue to work no matter what the distance is away from you. - in ATTI and GPS mode.

I tried switching to ATTI while flying in HL and then back,. couldn't figure out what the hell was going on!@. it didn't seem to like it.
But I'd probably just leave it in GPS mode while flying either, otherwise things can easily get out of hand!@#

Thanks All.

I appreciate the help!

D

Gizmo3000 said:
tanasit said:
Both CL & HL will work only when your Phantom is more than 10 meters away.
/quote]

I just gave it a whirl,. and apparently since CL doesn't use the GPS, it actually does continue to work no matter what the distance is away from you. - in ATTI and GPS mode.

Sorry you are correct, I edited the post to:

HL will work only when your Phantom is more than 10 meters away but once you are within 10 meter of the home point, the CL will take over using the earlier nose direction.

Gizmo3000 said:
tanasit said:
I tried switching to ATTI while flying in HL and then back,. couldn't figure out what the hell was going on!@. it didn't seem to like it.
But I'd probably just leave it in GPS mode while flying either, otherwise things can easily get out of hand!@#

Most likely your recorded forward direction did NOT align with your recorded home point.
The only way that your Phantom will fly in HL and CL exactly the same is that you start it up in front of you facing straight away from you. Fly 10 meters or more away then engage either CL or HL and test it by give a 90 degree or more yaw and pull back the right stick. All must be done while you are standing still facing EXACTLY to the direction when you first start. This way when you switch from GPS to ATTI in HL, your Phantom will fly the same way.

tanasit said:
Gizmo3000 said:
tanasit said:

Most likely your recorded forward direction did NOT align with your recorded home point.
The only way that your Phantom will fly in HL and CL exactly the same is that you start it up in front of you facing straight away from you. Fly 10 meters or more away then engage either CL or HL and test it by give a 90 degree or more yaw and pull back the right stick. All must be done while you are standing still facing EXACTLY to the direction when you first start. This way when you switch from GPS to ATTI in HL, your Phantom will fly the same way.

Prior to take off I recorded both HL and CL,. I flew in HL and it flew as expected,. then switched to CL and it flew as expected..
but then I wanted to flip it to HL to bring it back towards me,.and that's when it went funky. (so HL and CL direction should have remained the same.
I'll have to try it out another time in a large open field, as it might have been near the 10m mark.

I think it flies like this:

CL-vs-HL-01_zpsfbf621ef.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.