Can I fly the phantom 4 using a laptop running windows 7?

Reaction score
Looking to use something bigger than my samsung galaxy 5 to fly my 4 with and curious to know if there is a way to fly thru my laptop? I see guys using the small apple tablets so wondering if a laptop would work. The only issue I see is that windows 7 does not use apps. If so how would you go about it via website or link and how would you connect? Would it be via usb or hdmi? Is anyone doing this or know if it can be done?

Looking to use something bigger than my samsung galaxy 5 to fly my 4 with and curious to know if there is a way to fly thru my laptop? I see guys using the small apple tablets so wondering if a laptop would work. The only issue I see is that windows 7 does not use apps. If so how would you go about it via website or link and how would you connect? Would it be via usb or hdmi? Is anyone doing this or know if it can be done?

No .. that's not possible.
You need a suitable phone or tablet running Android or iOS.

I went the cheap route and bought a 3D VR Virtual Reality Headset for $20 from Amazon and then used my IPhone 6. May not be as perfect as the HDMI route but, it's much cheaper and you don't need to buy the HDMI extension

That is the same exact same route I was headed. The phantom 4 combo kit I picked up off ebay came with the VD headset as well. The only known app I know to use was litchi at 25 bucks. Downloaded it the other day and could not get it to fully open. Started reading the disclaimers towards the bottom and there it was...known issue with the samsung galaxy 5 (exactly what I have) will not open if dji go app is on your phone...must COMPLETELY UNINSTALL that first. I have only flown mine 9x and gotten pretty comfortable with the go app and don't want to uninstall as I was afraid it would wipe out my data.

So how well do you like the experience? What do you think of the litchi app...would you be willing to remove the dji go app to make it work if it were you?

The Litchi app is great. It lets you plan missions offline on your computer and then run them. It is constantly adding new features like the Follow to keep up with AutoPilot. Don't know if I would be 100% comfortable just using the Litchi app since, I typically start with DJI Go to ensure everything is setup properly. Actually, I have only seen 1 time where Litchi did not recognize a problem which Go was flagging.

Actually you might be able to....I saw some posts over the DJI forums reporting it works...There is an well known Android emulator on PC/Mac:

All About Bluestacks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

You mentioned using the VR goggles with the app, how well do those work? Would you say better than the fat shark?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj