Can I fly over Water

I took off from a top deck. Had calibration errors then I calibrated it over my head and took off by hand and hand caught it. No compass issues at all after calibration. It wasn't too windy that day. It was pretty rock solid and stable. Crew and guest were very interested in it and a few approached with questions but no bad attention. I didn't really fly over the boat as well. Took one pass over it but mainly away from it taking pictures. It took a lot of balls to do. Especially with the home point being farther away every second lol. I didn't do it until our way home, made sure I caught epic footage at all our stops first. This was either a fair well flight or more epicness lol. As you can see, more epicness lol.
Man, you do have some guts-- all the factors were in play for a lost Phantom-- great shots!

Is there a specific setting we should be in for flying over water? Do the bottom sensors need to be turned off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wanna know if u inquired how fast the cruise ship was traveling at the time of take off. If the ship is traveling faster than the quads top speed, how did it catch back up to the ship or stay with it? Plus there are winds over the water and if you went against the wind it would slow the quad down even more!

Hi, ive seen some posts about it being a bit dodgy flying over water, is this right as I would like to video our local river and fishing lake.
Sure you can, just don't fly backwards and hit CSC.

Man, you do have some guts-- all the factors were in play for a lost Phantom-- great shots!

Thanks[emoji23][emoji23] i DEFF pushed my luck but hey i did it in the name of science

I wanna know if u inquired how fast the cruise ship was traveling at the time of take off. If the ship is traveling faster than the quads top speed, how did it catch back up to the ship or stay with it? Plus there are winds over the water and if you went against the wind it would slow the quad down even more!

Speed im not sure at the time of flight, but the boat was traveling about 14-16knots for the most part of the trip I believe. That's around 16-20 mph i believe, so deff not faster than the drone can fly. Winds were rough some days and calm others, this day it was calm.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj