Can I fly on Camp Pendleton?

Reaction score
I've tried to search for the answer to this question but I haven't been able to find one.
I'm visiting Camp Pendleton. I've contacted the three airports within the area and have gotten the ok from them. It is not a no fly zone according to B4ufly and the DJI go app allows me to fly. I'm just curious about base rules about flying if there are any. I've done a Google search which only turned up an article advising service members who may have perhaps gotten a drone for Christmas to follow FAA rules and regulations. Nothing about not flying while on base. If you have any knowledge please advise.

Walk over to BGen Banta's and ask him - or call his secretary. You can't go wrong there.

Are you a Marine or just visiting the base? You flying in the interior or at the coast? At the coast there is a restricted airspace which is along the coast out to a mile or so. It stretches from south San Clemente at cottons point to Oceanside. They run helicopter exercises there. Over the hill there is an airstrip call sign is Long Riffle. Long riffle controls that MOA. You might just want to ask an MP.

Thanks for the info. I'll be flying along the interior of the base. I'm visiting family and only want to fly around the base housing and maybe around a park.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20