Can I fly my phantom 2+ without the gimbal camera

Reaction score
When I take the camera off my phantom +2 it seems not to connect to GPS or Wi-Fi and then when I put the Camron it seems to work the GPS and Wi-Fi but I would like to fly it with out the camera because I already ruined one and I don't want to do it again until I get good at it
Should o be able to fly it without the camera/gimbal on the Phantom?

Sent from my iPhone

It will fly just like a simple P2 does.
When you remove the camera/gimbal you also lose all telemetry because that is coming from the gimbal base.
The Phantom does connect to GPS but you only know from the flashing LED codes.
You also lose Battery level, speed, height, radar display etc.
Some people think it's a good idea for learning but the Phantom takes about 3 minutes to learn (but quite a bit more to get proficient).
All that telemetry is important and part of what makes the Phantom easy to fly.
The most important thing when learning is to fly in a large open area away from trees, buildings etc and not to get too adventurous too early.
Hand catching is a good way to prevent landing troubles.
Many P2V+ pilots always catch.

Well I do have one phantom 2+ that doesn't have a camera so you're saying the GPS will still go to my remote and if I press go home it would still come home
And thank you for answering my questions

Well I do have one phantom 2+ that doesn't have a camera so you're saying the GPS will still go to my remote and if I press go home it would still come home
And thank you for answering my questions

It will come home provided you understand what the led flashes represents.
If you are flying without telemetry, look for stable green flashes before starting the motors or taking off. Keep an eye and make sure you see the rapid green flashes. this indicates the Home lock (phantom mode) and if you see 2 sets of rapid green flashes (Naza Mode) this indicates both direction and home lock established.

I recommend you to keep the camera attached, find an open field free of distraction and practice what the manual says. Start slow and understand orienteering and how retarted our minds are when things are in reverse.

Practice sharp take off and slow steady landings (or hand catches).

Find you limits and don't break them. Cockiness in when confidence exceeds ability.

Stay safe.

At least trying yesterday with my PH2, iOSDmini and TS832 transmitter ei got all PH2 info on my Flysight Blackpearl DVR monitor even when the 3D-Gimbal and Hero3+ was removed.

At least trying yesterday with my PH2, iOSDmini and TS832 transmitter ei got all PH2 info on my Flysight Blackpearl DVR monitor even when the 3D-Gimbal and Hero3+ was removed.

Thats a different setup to the P2V+, the IOSD mini takes the telemetry data and passes it via the TX module to the RX on the monitor side, the P2V+ needs the camera attached as that info is sent via the camera wifi unit

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31