Can I fly my drone at Half Moon Cay during Cruise?

Reaction score
I will be going on cruise in June and one of the ports is Half Moon Cay Bahamas. I have seen other fantastic videos from this exact location but I have also heard that the laws in the Bahamas have been updated as drones have become more popular.

Does anybody have ideas or thoughts on how I would go about confirming if I can fly my P3 Advanced there? I am not looking to fly it on the cruise ship at all. I just want to take it off the ship onto the island which appears to be a private island owned by the cruise ship and then fly it around for a bit.

Thanks in advance.

Any other thoughts? I have read other places about people having to get special permission and register your drone with the bahamas government in advance. Any truth to this?

I will be going on cruise in June and one of the ports is Half Moon Cay Bahamas. I have seen other fantastic videos from this exact location but I have also heard that the laws in the Bahamas have been updated as drones have become more popular.

Does anybody have ideas or thoughts on how I would go about confirming if I can fly my P3 Advanced there? I am not looking to fly it on the cruise ship at all. I just want to take it off the ship onto the island which appears to be a private island owned by the cruise ship and then fly it around for a bit.

Thanks in advance.
Gud question. You need to go to this website to register your drone; http://www.bcaa.gov.bs/. Register an account. I am going to the Bahamas myself and my family and we will be bringing along our DJI Spark for selfies etc and I just got it registered. Once you go on this Bahamas Civil Aviation site it takes less than 15min to fill in your personal details, make, model and serial # of your drone, some swearing then accept to abide to the rules and regs they will make you read. Then print your registration. Thats it and no cost. Also valid for 3yrs.

Reactions: BigAl07
I flew in Nassau and Freeport last year. I got permission from the Bahamian government to fly there. In both cities, I was asked to show my permit. I was barely in the air at both places before I was approached. There was a 200 foot height restriction. Don't fly near the ship or over people.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20