Can I fly here? National Seashore Area - Pensacola Beach

Reaction score
I'm traveling to Pensacola Beach soon. I spent the first 27 years of my life living in Pensacola. I'm 32 now. I'd love to get some video of the area I grew up in but I'm a bit confused.

Either end of the Pensacola Beach Island is National Park. I know that. The middle portion (where all the condos/bars/people/etc) are are not National Park. It looks like the entire island is part of the national seashore though. I'm confused if I can fly in the non-national park section that is part of the national seashore.

Map attached. More info here: http://www.nps.gov/guis/learn/index.htm (not a direct link).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-21 at 3.40.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-21 at 3.40.04 PM.png
    452.2 KB · Views: 535
I would assume just the National park is off limits for take offs & landings as all National parks are. As far as the rest of the area your best bet is to contact the governing body that controls it for further information.

Well theres your answer, they are banned until they do more research. Looks like the same rules as national parks so no take offs or landings within it's boundaries. You could fly over it but if the reason given has merit (bird eggs, etc.), I personally would not fly there.

Reactions: wotblake

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers