can I connect my gopro white to my Samsung tablet

There is a Gopro app that connects over wifi for adjusting settings. Make sure you remember to turn it off before you fly if you want a avoid disaster!
Edit: free

How do I get the app. Do you have a link? I would not use this to fly with my Phantom 1. Can I see real time and playback on tablet. Thanks for your reply.

I searched and found a Gopro app. Is there only one? It says free but when I try to install, a window comes up about setting up an account and wants credit card info

I'm on Android and the Play Store has one app from GoPro Inc. I was never asked for CC details. Don't use the wifi when flying! Its frequency is the same as the Phantoms flight control frequency.

Yeah, I know to not have camera wifi on with Phantom 1. I finally found app and it's on my tablet. I can see preview, the controls to operate camera. They all seem to work. I can start and stop camera, invert image etc. BUT, I can't get the tablet to play the video I just took by controlling from tablet. The video is on camera. In the lower left side of tablet screen is square of small white cubes. I assume thats how I get to video. If I click on that a window comes up saying something about downloading some new software. I do have a lcd screen on the camera so I know it took the video.

Another thing I noticed. Although the camera is set on 1080 and 30 fps and takes sharp video, the preview on the tablet is not sharp at all. The tablet has a very sharp screen viewing other things. What's with that?

It uses the low res version on the SD card. It must not be able to cope with the full res version. I found it enough to confirm if I got the right framing on the shot. You could take the HDMI out on the GoPro to the HDMI in on your FPV monitor...if your using one of course!

It's more than adequate for framing. I have a good sd card in it. I wonder why my videos will not play through tablet. I noticed another thing. The lcd screen on camera will go off while connected to tablet. I'm talking about the optional rear lcd screen.

Im not sure but I read a while back its not very far. Not hard to test though :)

I tested the range this morning. I was outside and had line of site. I walked away from camera until I lost connection. I paced it off coming back. I figure about 80 feet. I think this would be great as a remote viewer remote if gopro was outside of a car and being controlled from the inside and similar things. I was thinking of getting a remote...now I don't need to. Yaaaaa. I still need to see what it takes to play the vids on tablet via wifi. I think it wants me to update the camera. I hate to change things that are working.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20