Can I buy this anywhere other than best buy in person?

Flipping over on liftoff is very unusual & erratic behavior from a Phantom. Are you sure the blades were fully installed? Did you perform the IMU calibration while it was perfectly level? Did you perform the compass calibration outside following the instructions?

It was haha. the flight simulator is helping some. My first take off outside was terrible.

I set calibrated the compass, set the IMU mode and calibrated it first, and put it in "beginner mode" and set it to auto take off. It flipped over, and the blades got completely ruined. Thankfully I knew how to shut it off this time.

You do have the blades on the right engines right? They have to be installed correctly as they are not all the same.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

You do have the blades on the right engines right? They have to be installed correctly as they are not all the same.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
They are on the engines right. IMU was done on a completely flat surface. Black blades go along the holes, silver go along the ones without. Black and silvers are catty corner from one another. Everything was done outside right from the take-off spot (GPS AND IMU calibration) and had about 12 GPS signals attached to it. When it went off in the room as well, it tried to flip over after both calibrations. Definitely odd behavior and the blades are new obviously: and set in tightly and evenly.

EDIT: I managed to take it out again, with the new blades cause the other ones were destroyed. I didn't "auto take off" and started it up with the controller: and it flies amazing! I just wonder how high I can take it up safely without losing signal in a neighborhood with low winds.

Last edited:
Wow you finally got it to fly. I'm curious as to why It flipped over. Strange. It can go up to 390 if you didn't change the settings. I know it says 400 in there. But mine always stop at 390 with limit reached.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Triple you are brave. I would not go higher than 50 feet the first week. I'm still scared of going too high. But I will try it if the weather improves.

Well that was very scary. Tried to do simply take off in the room (1.5) meters, and it took off sideways. We didn't know how to land it and I had to hold it while my brother held it and we tried turning it off but we couldn't. Had to google it while my brother held it and was blasting through the whole room, papers flying everywhere and super loud, I finally knew how to land it by googling it real quick. Now I'm scared to fly it and scared its going to take off on me sideways when I take it outside (like it's supposed to be obviously)

I don't know how to bring up tutorial mode.

Oh my this story... Hope your getting the hang out if by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the app should require a first time quiz before it will start the quad to make sure people aren't being brain dead and actually understand what they are dealing with...;)

Wow you finally got it to fly. I'm curious as to why It flipped over. Strange. It can go up to 390 if you didn't change the settings. I know it says 400 in there. But mine always stop at 390 with limit reached.

Now that I know how to sort of fly it, I "think" I know why. One of the propellers may have been on tighter, or it was in atti mode both those first tries and didn't realize it. Flying in atti is going to take some time, not sure if I like it and wouldn't be able to do what I wanted in terms of filming if it was on.

I just did a pretty awesome night shot and you can see the city, it's gorgeous. Got it up to about 185 feet before it started saying weak RC signal and brought it back down.

Last edited:
Post a video. This is my next project. To get some decent night footage. And people will not think they are being spied on. It blows me away how many people see a drone and think some one wants to spy on them. No thanks. Keep your clothes on. :)

I am impressed with the low-light capability of the P3 cameras when compared to the P2 Vision+ camera. Being able to remotely turn off the front LEDs is also a nice touch to reduce ambient light interference when recording at night.

Post a video. This is my next project. To get some decent night footage. And people will not think they are being spied on. It blows me away how many people see a drone and think some one wants to spy on them. No thanks. Keep your clothes on. :)

I am impressed with the low-light capability of the P3 cameras when compared to the P2 Vision+ camera. Being able to remotely turn off the front LEDs is also a nice touch to reduce ambient light interference when recording at night.
It is a huge difference turning them off! I went ahead and upgraded my drone to the Advanced, such a nice and big different in range. Can go much higher without losing signal, about 2.5 times the distance, and doesn't feel nearly as limited. It's a fantastic piece of hardware! I also got copper windsurf extender's for the antennas. Need to buy guards for the blades and gimbal eventually.

Reactions: Dirty Bird

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj