IMG_0289.PNG
Your answer is in the American Airlines website....

I flew on AA with mine from Seattle to Phoenix! Pretty uneventful, except my mind racing wondering if they would let it through!

I didn't read all the answers here but here is my advice as someone that has done it -

I used battery caps from MSinger. The FAA says they need to be discharged (lots of fun running all my charged batteries dead). The batteries are the main issue if there were one. The FAA says the terminals should not be exposed, OR in a lipo bag.

I took my entire kit trough... security opened it after it was scanned, swabbed everything thoroughly for bomb residue and my hands. Asked some questions, closed the case and off I went.

I had my props in plain sight...

Hope this helps! It's scary. I parked in the terminal in case I had to ditch it and went early to my flight.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I must have missed it but where are you seeing the requirement to discharge batteries?

Thanks!

Are the Samsung 7 cell phone batteries Lipo's? Because the 7's batteries have been known to smoke/catch fire, airlines here in Canada made you turn the phone off before boarding. Now, you can't even take a Samsung 7 on board a plane, on or off, they actually tried to take my Samsung cell phone away from me at check in, until I could proof it was a 6, not a model 7.
Meanwhile I have 2 Phantom batteries in my carry on & no one asked about them!

Reactions: Unmannedsky
Internationally, has anyone had problems? I have a trip planned to Mexico. Any issues to be aware of?
I had an issue once on Icelandair. It was my second time going to Iceland, however, through that airline and I explained to the stewardess that I needed it for work. She made me check the drone but I brought the batteries with me onboard.

Had no issue with Alaskan Air, Air Canada or American. on national or international flights but all air carriers consider Lithium batteries as "Dangerous Goods" and cannot be in check baggage . . there a million regulations around transporting them air sea or land if you go looking it's a rabbit hole of cross referenced regulations . . . you can start here Transportation of Dangerous Goods - Transport Canada if you want in Canada . . . but the main issue for Drones I've come up against is, be able to show security or customs they are not installed and secure, terminals are taped so they can't short out and don't carry them fully charged. ( you should have a little sticker on them to show total milli-amp hours capacity).

Never had an issue with the drone itself as carry-on . . but maybe some of them are now getting direction to take an interest. Don't see why carry-on is an issue. Someone told me they had their blades taken away as potential weapons ( they are more rugged than the plastic forks they give you but . . REALLY?)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl