Can I and Should I?

Reaction score
Can I password protect the wi-fi link to my P2VP? Do I need to protect it?

If so, how?

Nathan Carter said:
tstowe said:
Can I password protect the wi-fi link to my P2VP? Do I need to protect it?

If so, how?

It depends where you fly, if you suspect an evil hacker neighbor lurking around then you should. Btw. have you just been reading our conversation at: http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28659&start=10

Anyway, here is a guide how to do it:
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18050

No I haven't been reading...but I will.

thanks!

Go to phantommods.info for easy to follow instructions

Tip: Password protect the connection between your phone/tablet and the repeater. No need to password protect the connection between the repeater and the phantom. It's hidden so noone can connect to it anyway.

My reasoning behind this is that if something goes wrong with your setup on the repeater, there's a reset button that will solve all your problems. There's no such reset button on the WiFi module on the phantom. So if you screw something up, you can't revert back.

aristosv said:
Tip: Password protect the connection between your phone/tablet and the repeater. No need to password protect the connection between the repeater and the phantom. It's hidden so noone can connect to it anyway.

My reasoning behind this is that if something goes wrong with your setup on the repeater, there's a reset button that will solve all your problems. There's no such reset button on the WiFi module on the phantom. So if you screw something up, you can't revert back.

I agree. I recall reading here where someone had changed the password on the Phantom, something geeked, and he wasn't able to connect or reset. Uncertain if he was ever able to resolve the issue?

Actually hidden WiFi does not guarantee you that no one could connect. It is actually easy with the right software. It's just a security measure that falls in the category, security through obscurity...
Normal users will not see the network when they scan for it in the phone/tablet settings that's all. But if someone really intended to connect and hack, it is doable!

I guess if you mess up configuring it(basically if you forget the WiFi password you typed), you will have to disassemble the WiFi module inside the Phantom and look if there is some reset jumper. Worst case scenario you will have to buy a new WiFi module.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik