Can I add gimbal / camera to dji phantom 2

Reaction score
If I get a phantom 2 for 400$
How much / if possible to upgraded it by adding gimbal and camera ?
Also does it work with app or no ?

If I get a phantom 2 for 400$
How much / if possible to upgraded it by adding gimbal and camera ?
Also does it work with app or no ?

Make sure you get the P2 NON VISION version. It must be the P2 with 2.4ghz controls if you want to add the GOpro 3/4 with H33D gimbal. The reason is that analogue FPV system will be 5.8GHZ.

And the P2 NON VISION will NOT work with Android or IOS app. You must spend a few dollars on FPV gear such as AVL58 transmitter and Black Pearl 32 ch diversity receiver display.

I am shocked to see how much the zenmuse gimbal costs. But the other gimbals require me to open and rewire the dji2. I don't want to do that. I rather mount an action camera with wifi and use its wifi range. I know they claim the gopro does 600feet

I am shocked to see how much the zenmuse gimbal costs. But the other gimbals require me to open and rewire the dji2. I don't want to do that. I rather mount an action camera with wifi and use its wifi range. I know they claim the gopro does 600feet

The problem with wifi is the lag. I have the P2 (non-vision) with an H33D set-up. And you can't use wifi with the non-vision anyways.

Yes the H3-3D is expensive but it's super stable for nice shots using a GoPro. You can always find the 2D knock-offs from China if you are so inclined. Or just get a GoPro mount if you aren't interested in fluid stable shots but want FPV like in a racer, none of those guys use gimbals.

Yes the H3-3D is expensive but it's super stable for nice shots using a GoPro. You can always find the 2D knock-offs from China if you are so inclined. Or just get a GoPro mount if you aren't interested in fluid stable shots but want FPV like in a racer, none of those guys use gimbals.

I gimbal is the way to go if you have the money for it.

B&H has refurb or used H3-3Ds for $209-239 sometimes. I upgraded from the 2D to 3D and it's awesome!

B&H has refurb or used H3-3Ds for $209-239 sometimes. I upgraded from the 2D to 3D and it's awesome!

Yeah I have to agree. I love it.

Now I purchased my P2 recently and the seller included an H3-2D and H3-3D gimbal. I have not put on the H3-2D but am willing to part ways with it if anyone is interested. I have no plans on using it, just sitting in my closet. The seller told me prior to the sale that with the H3-2D, sometimes it look a second or two to level out when the bird was in motion but other than that it works fine. Now he also told me with the H3-3D gimbal he was having an issue with it being stuck at the 90 degree angle but after I received it and caliberated it, updated the firmware, and tweaked with the P2 Assistant software, its now working perfect.

Do you sometimes find the propellers in your shot? I find that when I think I'm reversing. Maybe no way around that.

You could adjust the gain so that it doesn't react so aggresively. Or "reverse" slower, not full stick.

I got an H3-3d gimbal off of eBay for $180 to replace one I damaged. Works great. Keep in mind I was bidding on it but it isnt an item everyone in the world is looking for. The starting bis was 180 and that's what I got it for. Alot of good deals on ebay for phantoms. Got a brand new battery for 75.

You could adjust the gain so that it doesn't react so aggresively. Or "reverse" slower, not full stick.

Well I'm still learning to fly so probably should practice on reversing slower

I got an H3-3d gimbal off of eBay for $180 to replace one I damaged. Works great. Keep in mind I was bidding on it but it isnt an item everyone in the world is looking for. The starting bis was 180 and that's what I got it for. Alot of good deals on ebay for phantoms. Got a brand new battery for 75.
Now seems to be the time for discounts on Ebay from previous flyers. For lots of places the season is pretty much over and people are looking to get rid of their quad cheap before next season stuff is out. I have seen great deals on the P2 with the H3-3D already ($500 range), OP would have to add the FPV and camera if they don't already have a Go Pro. I find the costs that add up were the iOSD, transmitter, monitor with transmitter and battery built it. I really would have liked there to be some way to use a mobile or tablet but no one makes anything like this.

Now seems to be the time for discounts on Ebay from previous flyers. For lots of places the season is pretty much over and people are looking to get rid of their quad cheap before next season stuff is out. I have seen great deals on the P2 with the H3-3D already ($500 range), OP would have to add the FPV and camera if they don't already have a Go Pro. I find the costs that add up were the iOSD, transmitter, monitor with transmitter and battery built it. I really would have liked there to be some way to use a mobile or tablet but no one makes anything like this.

Is that how this hobby is? There's seasons for it? I'm new to the hobby so I wasn't aware. I just purchased a P2 with an H3-3D gimbal couple weeks ago.

Is that how this hobby is? There's seasons for it? I'm new to the hobby so I wasn't aware. I just purchased a P2 with an H3-3D gimbal couple weeks ago.
Sure.. Most people that live in areas where it gets cold and dark early no longer want to or can fly. When it's getting dark at 5pm there is not a lot of flying time in the day, especially when the temperature drops and standing around in the cold is not as fun. Watch the operating temps for the P2. I would say this is more a summer hobby, however how is a great time to fly since the battery and the unit doesn't run so hot and of course there are less people out in the parks or public areas. Of course the hardcore flyers will always be out.
Edit: of course look at my join date on the board, that's when I started up with a larger hobby quad. Previously it was inside flying with micros.

Sure.. Most people that live in areas where it gets cold and dark early no longer want to or can fly. When it's getting dark at 5pm there is not a lot of flying time in the day, especially when the temperature drops and standing around in the cold is not as fun. Watch the operating temps for the P2. I would say this is more a summer hobby, however how is a great time to fly since the battery and the unit doesn't run so hot and of course there are less people out in the parks or public areas. Of course the hardcore flyers will always be out.
Edit: of course look at my join date on the board, that's when I started up with a larger hobby quad. Previously it was inside flying with micros.

Haha...yeah. Maybe I got into this hobby at the wrong time of the year but the deals out right now were hard to pass up. There were a couple of P2's on ebay that I had my eye on and they sold before I had a chance. Since the time change I've been just trying to fly a little on the weekends. I don't even go to the parks yet but around the house (outdoors of course). I've taken some videos with the gopro to get the hang of that to. The cold won't stop me from being out. I'm in California so we have a bearable kind of cold compared to other places in the country. I hope to add FPV to mine before next summer though.

Only for some folks, Others fly all year!
snow and cold be darned. Just dress for it, but the fingers freeze first!

have fun flying!

Here in New England it can be 45 degrees one day, 15 degrees the next... and that's in February!! lol...

Or "reverse" slower, not full stick.
?? Flying backward tilts the Phantom so that the props are not in the image.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers