can i add another servo and program the S2 switch to trigger it?

Reaction score
This question is for the Phantom 3 Standard.

I'd like to add a separate piezo buzzer, which requires a signal to come from the receiver in the P3S, to a new servo-switch and then the buzzer itself. About 20 grams of wight in all.

Before opening up the back of the P3S, does it have a spare slot on the receiver?
and, of course, can I re-purpose S2?

Thanks.

GrampaF

There are no spare slots. The P3s are built for a specific purpose with no expansion of the stock system intended.
Clever folks have used a custom interface to monitor the flight mode channel and drive a PWM signal for retracts but I have not seen this interface sold separately or offered for the P3S yet.

You can contact these folks and maybe they can help you:
https://www.rcdepothobbies.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=retracts

There are no spare slots. The P3s are built for a specific purpose with no expansion of the stock system intended.
Clever folks have used a custom interface to monitor the flight mode channel and drive a PWM signal for retracts but I have not seen this interface sold separately or offered for the P3S yet.

You can contact these folks and maybe they can help you:
https://www.rcdepothobbies.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=retracts
Thanks. I called their tech support and they are really helpful. Their retract gear only works with the Phantom Advanced, not the Standard. So I am stalled. Arghh.

Well nothing ventured, nothing gained.

The Phantoms, especially the P3s, do not lend themselves to many modifications very easily.
It's a purpose-built flying camera.

Good luck to you.

I have not cracked it open yet, but not far from it. Maybe there are images on Google that would help, as you know what you are looking for.

If the Phantom 3 Standard (and too the P3A or P3P) has an internal CAN connector (or some other expansion connector) then it could be possible to add a user specific payload control such as a buzzer.

How would you update firmware to make use of this additional item on the buss?
This is a dead-end.

I think I see (inside the P3S body under the cover) that a wire to the camera has a standard brown-red-yellow 3-pin connector (negative, positive, signal), so perhaps that could be joined in Y-cable so that a signal to the camera also sends a signal to another servo to do something (don't know what that brown-red-yellow 3-pin connector controls) but probably the gimbal movement which seems to operate like a servo (going certain # of degrees in each direction).

Then again, thinking of just tapping into the positive and negative wires going outside the body to the camera, and using their voltage to power something. Anyone know how much power goes to thru those wires (5.5 volts?).

Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic