Can GSM trackers be configured to reply only when called?

Reaction score
Can GSM trackers be configured to reply only when telephoned for GPS location?

I have read that some will update position in realtime. For this feature, I would think the tracker would need to constantly transmit data to a cell site. Has anyone experienced RFI to their multi-rotor using one of these trackers configured to update in realtime?

I would only like to poll it for location if I lost it or had a 'flyaway'.

Re: Can GSM trackers be configured to reply only when called

Yes, the TK102B model for one.. to get a position you ring the number, wait for a text from it with the location.
Or you can send it a SMS message "smslink123456" "123456" being the device password and it sends you a Google map link. :)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUWz6FQfXN0[/youtube]

n6vmo said:
Can GSM trackers be configured to reply only when telephoned for GPS location?

I have read that some will update position in realtime. For this feature, I would think the tracker would need to constantly transmit data to a cell site. Has anyone experienced RFI to their multi-rotor using one of these trackers configured to update in realtime?

I would only like to poll it for location if I lost it or had a 'flyaway'.

The RF-V16 does this. If you send it a dw# command it responds with a google maps URL of its current position.

The Drone-Mods UAV Locator uses GSM and Satellites to locate itself, and very accurately. Place a call to your accounts phone number and receive a map location in just a few moments. I call mine every time before I fly to make sure it is locating my Phantom correctly.

http://drone-mods.com/main.sc

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20