Can ESC V2 be mixed with V2.1?

Reaction score
I'm making a "Frankenstein" Phantom 2 from leftover parts, I have 3 V2 ESC's and the one I just received is a V2.1. The motors are new 2312, and are supposed to work with the V2, but I messed up one of the ESC during soldering (trace pulled off the CB) thanks captvertigo

I'm making a "Frankenstein" Phantom 2 from leftover parts, I have 3 V2 ESC's and the one I just received is a V2.1. The motors are new 2312, and are supposed to work with the V2, but I messed up one of the ESC during soldering (trace pulled off the CB) thanks captvertigo

If your plan is to use the 2312 Motors then all the ESC modules have to be v2.1 and you might as well get 9450 props to.

Well being hardheaded and impatient I installed the v2.1 with the others and so far after 3 flights its doing fine. I also for now still using old model props, but used my dobro balancer for the first time and it does make a difference on vibration, very smooth now. thanks for the input.

There is not problems mixing ESC ?

How about using generic ESC (non-DJI) ?

There is not problems mixing ESC ?

How about using generic ESC (non-DJI) ?

If you have a P2 non-vision v1 there is no problem mixing v2.0 (original ESC) with v2.1 ESC. With the P2 non-vision v2 models they use 4 v2.1 ESC modules along with 2312 motors. The only other model phantom that uses all 4 v2.1 ESC modules is the P2 vision+ v3. Besides you'd be hard pressed to find the original v2.0 ESC any where.

It's not advisable to use non DJI ESC modules.

Yeah, mine is a non-Vision and my ESC have white labels on them without a version number on them, but when the drone starts the front LEDs don't light up until motors start to spin.

Has anyone seen / used these ESCs ? They are on Banggood and Aliexpress

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 483
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 541
After a couple of hundred flights over two years, I finally fell victim to the often-mentioned ESC problem. My P2 Vision+ is a version 3.0, but had the v 2.0 ESCs. I fried both a motor and its ESC on a minor tipover just recently. I replaced both with DJI parts from Amazon...$18 for the 2312 motor and $20 for the ESC. It was a version 2.1 ESC that they sent, mixed with the other three on the drone which are all v 2.0. Works fine. About 30 flights on it since then.

My P2 Vision+ is a version 3.0, but had the v 2.0 ESCs ... It was a version 2.1 ESC mixed with v 2.0

Do your v 2.0 say so on the white label ? Or do they not have a version number written ?

Also on start up, before you activate the motors ... do the front LEDs light up or not ?

Do your v 2.0 say so on the white label ? Or do they not have a version number written ?

Also on start up, before you activate the motors ... do the front LEDs light up or not ?
The ones that came with my weren't labeled. The v2.1 ESC I bought does have v2.1 on a while label.

The front LEDs light up normally.

Reactions: kaos42ze

The front LEDs light during the startup sequence then turn off until the motors are powered up Then they are a solid red. The original ESC modules in the P2 version 1 had no markings indicating what version they were.but it really doesn't make any difference at this point as the original ESC's are no longer available.

The front LEDs light during the startup sequence then turn off until the motors are powered up Then they are a solid red. The original ESC modules in the P2 version 1 had no markings indicating what version they were.but it really doesn't make any difference at this point as the original ESC's are no longer available.

I just wanted to know if i need to replace all or just one

Just replace the damaged board.

I just looked at two photos you posted and neither ESC module should be used for your P2. Here is where I purchase any parts I may need.
DJI ESC v2.1 for Phantom 2 (Part 7) CP.PT.000053R B&H Photo

The Chinese ones will work with the P1 and P2 and they also have the better firmware on them ( Simonik ) I found ESCs locally and fixed the one arm finally but the compass connector on the main board is ripper and too fine for me to try and fix / solder ... so I am waiting on the Ublox M8N GPS+compass module, hope no more post-crash surprises.

The Chinese ones will work with the P1 and P2 and they also have the better firmware on them ( Simonik ) I found ESCs locally and fixed the one arm finally but the compass connector on the main board is ripper and too fine for me to try and fix / solder ... so I am waiting on the Ublox M8N GPS+compass module, hope no more post-crash surprises.

If you are buying aftermarket (Chinese) products instead OEM (DJI) replacements I can't and won't help you. That may seem a bit harsh but to many buy this junk then ask for help in fixing it.

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers