Can DJI provide code or switch to change controller action?

Reaction score
Never flown before and waiting for the 4+ come back in stock but I've been reading as much as I can and watching tons of videos. Thanks to everyone who has been helping me. I know that if the drone is going away from you or facing you coming back you need to push the control stick in the opposite direction. Is there not a way either with some software toggle or hardware button that could change that behavior? If I'm flying back to me I go into the app, select orientation or some such parameter and the signal that goes out to the drone gets reversed? Am I being too simplistic by thinking this?
Best... Steve

Please explain more why do you want to do that? I would never like to change the behavior of the sticks during flights as I just know what my left stick or right stick will do, I don't think about it during the flights.

During driving your car, do you ever think of changing the behavior of brakes or accelerator? Our right leg automatically moves per the need, we don't think about it before doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

That would be fraught with confusion and is likely impossible to do, not to mention unwise. That change in orientation becomes second-nature with practice and experience. Take the thing out in your yard and practice flying it left and right while it's coming toward you. Maybe better yet...go get a cheap toy Husban or something and practice in your living room.

Just like alokbhargava says it will become automatic with practice, you will be able to fly with natural reflex in time. There is a setting in multiple flight mode settings that permits this (forgot what's it's called, never use it) , as you push forward your bird will move away as you pull back in will come back to you, ( you must also be pointing in the same direction) left and right will always be the same and so will your camera as the craft will all ways point in the same direction from take off. This is not a good way to fly as you will always see the same thing and will not be able to turn your craft to see other views. Learn to fly in small steps like practicing doing figure 8 in your back yard and it should come to you in a few hours of practice.

Never flown before and waiting for the 4+ come back in stock but I've been reading as much as I can and watching tons of videos. Thanks to everyone who has been helping me. I know that if the drone is going away from you or facing you coming back you need to push the control stick in the opposite direction. Is there not a way either with some software toggle or hardware button that could change that behavior? If I'm flying back to me I go into the app, select orientation or some such parameter and the signal that goes out to the drone gets reversed? Am I being too simplistic by thinking this?
Best... Steve
To further corn-fuse you. there are two different modes. The conventional mode: Pushing the stick forward moves the bird in the direction the camera is facing, and the others are self explanatory. IE with the bird facing toward you moving your right stick moves the bird left.
Home lock in essence disregards the physical orientation of the bird and makes your right stick operate in relation to you. IE: forward moves the bird away from you, no mater which direction the camera is pointed. The other three directions follow suit.

there is nothing to flying it the way it is.
if you get confused just release both sticks to see where you are at than start over again.

I had a Blade Chroma a year ago that you could change the mode to be in this mode where left is always left and right always right. Used it the first flight with the Chroma and never used it again. But trust me like the other guys have said here that you need to get used to flying it at you and know that everything is in reverse. Only take a little practice and you've got it. Of course usually you are flying by a monitor so everything is always straight up there because you are in the bird now. But practice in close and you'll get it.

Much appreciated - been a member of lots of different groups over many years but this one really seems to be dedicated to helping others learn with virtually no bashing/trolling. Very refreshing and I thank you all for your patience with me.
Best... Steve

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20