Can DJI Assistant 2 (v1.1.0-2) see your Phantom Pro+ Remote after today's update?

Reaction score
Following today's update prompt, my Remote went through the android system updating but then after it got to the end, got stuck on the DJI logo for 20 minutes (white logo on black background)

Support had me try and connect to the Remote using DJI Assistant 2 -- however this would not see my remote.
(it would see the drone fine and list the firmware using the same cable from the same computer) But it won't see the remote.

When the remote powered up an error appeared init map error: MISSING_LIBRARIES and I have no map now, either map or satellite, even when connected to wifi.

While I'm waiting for an RMA label (have only had my Phantom 4 Pro+ for 7 days) I'm curious -- are others able to connect to your Pro+ Remote using DJI Assistant 2 following the update?

I downloaded a fresh copy of the firmware from the DJI website, unzipped it to an SD card, and ran the firmware update again from local according the the DJI instruction PDF. It completed successfully this time and rebooted with no issue.

However I still get the init map error: MISSING_LIBRARIES and have no maps.

And the DJI Assistant 2, using the supplied white DJI usb cable connected form computer to remote will still not see the controller, so I guess there is something wrong with my controller and it's going in for replacement as per support's early recommendation. Interestingly if I don't launch the DJI Assistant 2 and just connect the usb cable, the remote will prompt that usb has been attached and give me the option to swipe from the top and click the message and allow it to be mounted as a drive on the computer, where the computer then sees the usb storage. So the controller's port is good, and the cable is good. But DJI Assistant 2 still won't see it (it does see the bird fine and lists it firmware when connected, so I know it's not a restriction on the software, e.g. firewall or driver on the computer).

Reactions: ChipperRay
I downloaded a fresh copy of the firmware from the DJI website, unzipped it to an SD card, and ran the firmware update again from local according the the DJI instruction PDF. It completed successfully this time and rebooted with no issue.

And the DJI Assistant 2, using the supplied white DJI usb cable connected form computer to remote will still not see the controller, so I guess there is something wrong with my controller and it's going in for replacement as per support's early recommendation. Interestingly if I don't launch the DJI Assistant 2 and just connect the usb cable, the remote will prompt that usb has been attached and give me the option to swipe from the top and click the message and allow it to be mounted as a drive on the computer, where the computer then sees the usb storage. So the controller's port is good, and the cable is good. But DJI Assistant 2 still won't see it (it does see the bird fine and lists it firmware when connected, so I know it's not a restriction on the software, e.g. firewall or driver on the computer).
So you can still update the bird via the sd card like days of old, inserting it into the bird? As far as maps problem I read this is a pro+ problem that can be solved by doing a factory reset. Just jot down your custom settings before hand.

So you can still update the bird via the sd card like days of old, inserting it into the bird?
I'm not entirely sure (just got the Pro+ last week -- the update of the bird from the app went fine, but I had problems with the remote. The Pro+ controller has an SD card slot on the remote itself, and the remote has the option to upgrade firmware from local. The first time I did the update just using the online update option, but I wasn't sure if it completed or caused the problem since it didn't reboot itself but stopped at the dji logo. So I did this the second time: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/pha...troller_Firmware_of_Phantom_4_Pro_plus_EN.pdf
As far as maps problem I read this is a pro+ problem that can be solved by doing a factory reset. Just jot down your custom settings before hand.
Thanks very much for that info.

Although since I can't see the remote from the DJI Assistant 2 software, I think I will have to send it in for replacement anyway.

Can anyone confirm that they can see the Pro+ remote using the DJI Assistant 2 software?

Before sending in on RMA, I want to make sure it's a fault in my remote and not another symptom of the update that DJI Assistant 2 can't see my remote.

I'm just passing along what I've read but there now seems to be a new p4+ firmware available that fixes the map problem without needing to reset anything.

Thanks. I just did the factory reset option - was a bit nervous, but it was actually quick and easy. Just had to login to wifi again and login to the go app again and maps now appear to work.

But... unless it's another firmware glitch, I guess I have to send in my remote anyway because DJI Assistant 2 won't see it which I'm told by DJI it should...

To get your map libraries back you will have to do a Factory Reset on the controller itself. DJI Assistant 2 cannot see the RC on the p4p Plus. It will see the bird but not the controller. I would venture to say there is nothing wrong with your controller so try the Factory Reset first...you do not need the bird on to do this. Turn on the remote to DJI welcome screen that says "connect to YOUR DEVICE. Up top is the 4 icons; select the wheel or 'settings' icon. Go to the "Me" tab. Select the "system settings" icon, when that page pops up scroll down to the "Backup & Reset" button (looks like a little black cloud with and up arrow in it). Go to "Factory data reset" and press it. Follow the prompts. When the RC resets it will reboot...the DJI logo will come on and pulsate for enough time to make you nervous...but it will eventually bring up the DJI "connect to your device page" and a page will pop up asking you to log into your account. Before you can log into your account you will have to go back into the settings page...(You can do this without closing that window, just swipe the CrystalSky screen from top to bottom to get to the settings tab)...select "settings"...go to WiFi and click on it....move the slider to turn on the WiFi...find your network and re-enter your password as the Factory Reset will eliminate this data. Once you have re-established connection to your router you can go back to the DJI sign up page and complete that process and you will see your maps again. I just did this tonight to get mine back...thanks to Phantommenace66.

Last edited:
To get your map libraries back you will have to do a Factory Reset on the controller itself. DJI Assistant 2 cannot see the RC on the p4p Plus. It will see the bird but not the controller. I would venture to say there is nothing wrong with your controller so try the Factory Reset first...you do not need the bird on to do this. Turn on the remote to DJI welcome screen that says "connect to YOUR DEVICE. Up top is the 4 icons; select the wheel or 'settings' icon. Go to the "Me" tab. Select the "system settings" icon, when that page pops up scroll down to the "Backup & Reset" button (looks like a little black cloud with and up arrow in it). Go to "Factory data reset" and press it. Follow the prompts. When the RC resets it will reboot...the DJI logo will come on and pulsate for enough time to make you nervous...but it will eventually bring up the DJI "connect to your device page" and a page will pop up asking you to log into your account. Before you can log into your account you will have to go back into the settings page...(You can do this without closing that window, just swipe the CrystalSky screen from top to bottom to get to the settings tab)...select "settings"...go to WiFi and click on it....move the slider to turn on the WiFi...find your network and re-enter your password as the Factory Reset will eliminate this data. Once you have re-established connection to your router you can go back to the DJI sign up page and complete that process and you will see your maps again. I just did this tonight to get mine back...thanks to Phantommenace66.
Thank you very much for your comprehensive and clear advice. I did the reset, spent a few nervous minutes and managed to get my maps back. Well done!

Thanks! I did the Factory Reset from the remote screen and now maps are working fine again too. I did a test flight and all was normal.

DJI Support Chat sent me a UPS return label which came on Friday for RMA exchange of the remote based on the fact that DJI Assistant 2 couldn't see the remote when troubleshooting the firmware update and map issue.

I'm inclined to not send it in now if there is nothing wrong with it if DJI Assistant 2 can never see the remotes.

Thank you Chipper for such elaborate and complete guidance. It works!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic