Can Crash Detection work against you?

Reaction score
I wonder if the P4P obstacle detection would actually be a liability in some cases. Here's an example:

I flew out out of a building window once. Obviously the building itself could be considered an obstacle since it's really just my arm out of the building. I had the P4. When I flew it back to the building for me to catch going in a forward detection, the drone stopped due to obstacle detection. I panicked for a moment, then realized if I turned the drone sideways and backwards, I can make it come back into my hand and that's what I did.

How would that work on the P4P? All four directions has obstacle detection so would it stop and not be able to come back to your hands with those features?

The side sensors are only enabled when flying in Beginner Mode or Tripod Mode.

I wonder if the P4P obstacle detection would actually be a liability in some cases. Here's an example:

I flew out out of a building window once. Obviously the building itself could be considered an obstacle since it's really just my arm out of the building. I had the P4. When I flew it back to the building for me to catch going in a forward detection, the drone stopped due to obstacle detection. I panicked for a moment, then realized if I turned the drone sideways and backwards, I can make it come back into my hand and that's what I did.

How would that work on the P4P? All four directions has obstacle detection so would it stop and not be able to come back to your hands with those features?
The side sensors are only enabled when flying in Beginner Mode or Tripod Mode.
If you put the toggle switch in sports mode, I believe that disables your forward sensors also.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl