Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Can Anyone tell me how to add music to videos?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by TommyBBQ, Aug 23, 2014.

1. TommyBBQ

I'm fairly new flying my Dji Phantom 2 Vision Plus. I got all the flying down but I could use some good advise on a user friendly video edit app for my MacBook Pro and how the heck do I add music to my video's.
    Thanks in advance!
    TommyBBQ

2. itchybeard

3. connell83

If your uploading to YouTube, you have the option, on their site to add music. You can find tunes which have a similar length to your video very easily.

4. Phantomhoofy

AS a starter Editing program IMovie is strongly recommended for its ease of use and inbuilt function to publish on Facebook and Utube.

5. rrmccabe

Also note you need to be careful what music you add as you might get spanked for copyright reasons. If you post it online services like Youtube scan and check content.

6. happydays

iMovie is ok - it can access your iTunes and you can get music from there.

Quick one I discovered recently. When adding in proprietary songs to YouTube, they can get blocked so that mobile users cannot access them - they can be viewed on a PC only. Even if 'third party content is acknowledged'. I only found that out recently.

However.... if you can access an audio editing software package (I use a Mac programme called Audacity) and change either the pitch, speed or tempo (it has to be by more than 5%) the YouTube's analysers can't auto detect it. I use 6%.

That way you can include whatever music you want, albeit slightly faster, slower or higher pitch than normal!

7. vortigern

No need to add music on my account . I always turn it off anyway. I am only interested in the visual phantom results which are mostly excellent.

8. UrAwFuL

+1 for iMovie.

Add music. Enhance video. Trim video. Stabilize video. :lol:

Should come in free on Macbooks nowadays.. :?

[Hint: If your Macbook is new (like two years I think) and you registered it with your Apple ID, it should be free on the app store.)

9. rrmccabe

I have always wondered how far you needed to go. 6% can really mess up music though.

10. happydays

Yeah, depends on the tune. I find pitch to be the best to mess with.

11. TommyBBQ

Thanks everyone for the advise. I will look into them.
    Take it easy my friends,
    Tommy Bessinger

12. RedRyderMedia

There is so much GREAT free music without copyright issues.....why mess with these kind of "solutions"????

13. sidebox

I know people have been recommending iMovie... but I suggest NOT using it. It absolutely sucks. When you want to import a clip to use in your movie, you have to import and decompress the ENTIRE footage. It can take up to an hour to import a clip that you just want to use 10-30 seconds from. If you use premiere pro or final cut, you do the compression when you export your final timeline. Editing can seem daunting, but really is fairly simple, once you learn what you are doing. I recommend looking up some tutorials on youtube for your chosen software. I HIGHLY recommend Lynda.com for when you want to get serious about learning a video editing suite. Lynda costs something for a monthly membership, but the courses are complete and will teach you EVERYTHING that you would want to know to become a very adept editor.

14. TheloniousMac

What the hell kind of ancient computer are you running if it takes that long?
    iMovie is just as fast as Final Cut on the same machine... just less features.
    iMovie is free so there's no excuse not to try it out anyway before considering anything else.

15. sidebox

I guess you have never tried to pull from a 10 gig clip. I'm running a 2013 MacBook Pro. Thanks for your input. There are free trials available for both premiere and final cut, so there is no excuse not to try them out before considering a horrible editing tool like iMovie.

16. burritocmdr

Nice suggestion, but it doesn't seem to work anymore. I've tried messing with tempo, pitch, adding echo and everything I've tried failed. Tried slowing down by 9% and even that didn't get through. Youtube fingerprinting seems to be tightened pretty good.

17. happydays

Hmmm, worked for me recently - I set up a test YouTube account, add in a bit of short video then add in the amended 6% audio. Upload and watch on a mobile device. I believe Shazam use similar technology - you could use that as a test bed before uploading to YouTube?

Because sometimes the right audio can 'make' a video. :D :D :D

18. CarlJ

This^

Lynda is a great resource, I love that they have project files for you to follow along, and iMovie sucks goat balls...

And this^

I Always enjoy your tips for music on youtube, very helpful.

19. Mick Deene

Any suggestions for copyright free music soundtrack sites? Many thanks boys (and any girls)

20. Mark The Droner

PM msinger - he knows several sites.