Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. kladda

Hi!

I'm new to drones and video editing and have looked at some guides at youtube.
    Decided to try the free version av DaVinci 12.5 to start with.

I'm waiting for a DJI Mavic but i would like to start trying to do some video editing.
    I've got a couple of LUT's that i would like to try and see if i later can do manual color grading.

So, therefor my question is if there is anyone that can help me out with a unedited LOG 4K source file from a Phantom 4 that i can play around with.
    I guess the P4 is the drone that has the most similar camera to the Mavic, that's why i ask for a file from the Phantom 4.

Doesn't have to be any fancy or particularly long, more or less anything would do [​IMG]
    If i could chose it would be grass and water included.

Thanks!

2. bruno.baptista.355

Hi, I have some footage as you described (trees, water, golf field, some buildings). I am, like you, starting to experiment with DaVinci Resolve, LUTs, etc.

I will put some files later today on my OneDrive account and post the link.

Beside's DJI LUT for the Phantom, what LUTs do you found?

Cheers

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

3. kladda

That is so nice, thank you!

I'll be getting these as soon as they reply on my email:
    PRESETS FOR DJI LOG

#3 kladda, Oct 3, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  4. bruno.baptista.355

Here is the link.

10 Gb in 6 files. Please pay no attention to flying technique. I am still getting used to the controls and growing comfortable with flying it, so no "cinematic" shots but should be ok to train color grading.

Also the weather has been mostly cloudy.

I have those same LUTs. They seem a good starting point. At least we don't have a lack of options with them.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!ApyAMA5jYGEOiUdM4THHE-ThXYiH

5. mosdefcon

Hi bruno.baptista.355, did you happen to use any ND filters on these shots? I'm still learning myself and I've been having some major issues with my shots being too dark. Thanks for uploading the videos. I'm grabbing them too so I can compare the LUTs from http://www.groundcontrolcolor.com/drone-luts.html that I picked up this week.

Would you mind sharing your other camera settings for the shots if you recall them?

6. bruno.baptista.355

I haven't yet used any filters. I've bought the Taco-RC ND/PL set (4/8/16/32) but they are sitting in Brazilian customs.

Shane on me, but the camera was in full Auto. I was more concerned in mastering the flight than fiddling with camera settings at this point.

Hopefully this weekend the weather is looking nice and I plan to fly in a much nicer place. I will upload the files to the same folder.

7. bruno.baptista.355

mosdefcon, how do you like the LUTs from Ground Control? I am considering the Falcon Pack. Did you bought the 3 packs?

8. kladda

Sounds great, thank you ! :)

9. mosdefcon

I bought all three. I like them so far, but I'm still getting used of them. I need to get out and get some shots that are not overexposed. You can see more about that here: Manual camera settings w/ filter shots look muted. Pro Tips appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

10. bruno.baptista.355

I've just uploaded a 2.7k D-Log raw file. Weather still not ideal and no filters.

Cheers

Sent using Tapatalk