Can anyone explane these flight logs?

Reaction score
Ok..
Had a scarey event lastnight on first flight after downgrade to 1.5.7+.

Home point recorded,auto takeoff,tested controlls and alls well so off i went,straight line.
At 1400m loose signal,no RTH,signal keeps popping in and out(almost half full to nothing) so i initiated RTH when signal came on. Msg says "RTH distance 0m craft will land".(so it auto updated RTH mid flight) Heart picks up a little. Signal goes,comes back so i cancell RTH and hit atti. No vide so on the map i pointed craft to me and hit forward and waited. Sheer relief when i could hear it buzzing as it came closer. Attached screenshots from healthy drones. And how do i have altitude of -0.4m?
Screenshot_2016-07-12-13-08-10.png
Screenshot_2016-07-12-13-08-10.png
Screenshot_2016-07-12-13-09-02.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-12-13-11-41.png
    Screenshot_2016-07-12-13-11-41.png
    542.9 KB · Views: 265
  • Screenshot_2016-07-12-13-12-39.png
    Screenshot_2016-07-12-13-12-39.png
    562.4 KB · Views: 283
Sorry about the way my post turned out im on mobile in work.
Also i didnt hit atti as often as it shows
HealthyDrones only shows a summary.
To work out what happened, you really need complete flight data.
Go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.

Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.

Reactions: shanek
Reactions: shanek
Hey Shane, just wanted to share this with you, I took my P4 for quick flight yesterday, routine, then when I fired it up today, I always check the sensors and return to home altitude during warm-up, my return to home altitude was set to zero!!! There was no reason for this as I haven't changed anything since yesterday! When I tried to change it back to the 65 m I like it set at, the message would display"can't set return to home altitude higher than maximum altitude setting" eventually I had to redo the maximum altitude and then it would let me put in my return to home altitude. I remembered reading your post last night or this morning I thought I'd share that with you that happened to me a little while ago

Thanks for that db. I did an imu calibration yesterday,think its reccomended after firmware up/down? but didnt do compass. I thought all my settings were how i like them but infuture ill be doing a more riggorus pre check before i fly distance.
Gonna do my flight data thing when i get home from work. Seems to me that i lost gps at 1400m???
Anyways i should have more info later.
Thanks for posting

Let me know how it goes, I've lost GPS on P2's but not on the P3's yet,not any of them. And you was flying it a pretty open area

right... ive got no flight data in app for any flights yesterday but i do have the video for them in app.
anyone???

think ill have to do a test flight where i cant loose my p3 if it has to land far out.
looks like i might be upgrading again

Just a quick one before my drive home db. Whats actually happens when gps is lost?

The beginning of this video you see my P2V+ start to drift off, I was lucky enough to regain FPV before it got out of my signal range, then I took control of it in atti mode and brought it home. If it would've drifted off to the south another 200 feet I probably wouldn't of known which direction to point and it would've kept drifting. This is actual footage of how most flyaways happened in the P2 dayshttps://www.dropbox.com/s/t4f2gu356418m9w/vision%20plus%20loses%20gps.MP4?dl=0

right... ive got no flight data in app for any flights yesterday but i do have the video for them in app.
anyone???

think ill have to do a test flight where i cant loose my p3 if it has to land far out.
looks like i might be upgrading again

I don't know if this is useful to you, but my P3a Remote is on an older 1.57 fw and the Samsung galaxy S5 that I've flown hundreds of flights with I recently had to update the app to 2.83 for my p4 controller to work. Now when I fly with that device on the older firmware p3, it hasn't been recording the flight in the DJI log. There's no proof that the flight existed other than I have the flytrex tracker log. When I fly the p3A on my iOS device thats on 2.51 it records every flight.
So it could be if you have a newer FW on your controller and an older FW app, that it doesn't record the flight

thanks for the video,something to watch out for.
the GO app updated itself before flight so its the latest version and bird was downgraded since last flight so two changes since last flight and the only thing i can change back is the FW, up the FW again i think.
dont think i want to take the risk of it happening again

thanks for your input db

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1