can another iphone/ipad share network to view flight?

Reaction score
Hi,
My 4 yr old son loves watching the screen while I fly, however he is only 42" tall... i'm 75". Is it possible to put the app on my wifes iphone or an ipad and allow him to watch the stream?
I tried with an ipad at the kitchen table, but it wouldn't show video.
thanks,
and thanks for all the great info on this board.
Jim

gorilla said:
Hi,
My 4 yr old son loves watching the screen while I fly, however he is only 42" tall... i'm 75". Is it possible to put the app on my wifes iphone or an ipad and allow him to watch the stream?
I tried with an ipad at the kitchen table, but it wouldn't show video.
thanks,
and thanks for all the great info on this board.
Jim

I'm not 100% sure but I believe the WIFI mechanism will only produce 1 IP address, which means only 1 device at a time is supported. You could probably clone the screen, I know samsung phones can do this. Maybe an App for that as well?

Not at the moment, and not recommended... if it were enabled, not only would the range extender & Vision be tasked to maintain an additional data stream to the second link, it might throttle -your- stream to keep them both happy. You can however connect the output of an iPhone to an external monitor by cable if you like.

iDrone

iDrone said:
Not at the moment, and not recommended... if it were enabled, not only would the range extender & Vision be tasked to maintain an additional data stream to the second link, it might throttle -your- stream to keep them both happy. You can however connect the output of an iPhone to an external monitor by cable if you like.

iDrone

I thought there might be something like that getting in the way. I appreciate your help.
I'll have to invest in a 30" stepstool, I suppose.

I would like to do the same thing with an Android phone to tablet. I have hdmi out on the tablet but no hdmi in on the phone and we cannot use wifi as the PV2 is using it. That just leaves bluetooth as the only possibility. I have searched and searched but cannot find any pre-existing app that could do it. The receiving end which is mirroring the screen does not need any functionality, it would be just mirroring the display. There must be forums for app developers and it could be a nice little earner for someone who could get it to work. Anyone know anything about app development ?

Edit: there is also the possibility of using USB Otg to link the two devices.

pault said:
I would like to do the same thing with an Android phone to tablet. I have hdmi out on the tablet but no hdmi in on the phone and we cannot use wifi as the PV2 is using it. That just leaves bluetooth as the only possibility. I have searched and searched but cannot find any pre-existing app that could do it. The receiving end which is mirroring the screen does not need any functionality, it would be just mirroring the display. There must be forums for app developers and it could be a nice little earner for someone who could get it to work. Anyone know anything about app development ?

Please see:

http://www.visionflyer.com/wirelessly-s ... rson-view/

-- Roger

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers