Can an aircraft close by cause GPS no fly failsafe?

trance728 said:
I'm out in Breckenridge, CO and launched my Phantom 2 today and ran into a problem. I just went straight up about 70 meters and I was going to turn it 360 for a pan view and all of the sudden it went into the no fly failsafe GPS home. Right as this was happening a small airplane flew overhead somewhat low altitude but not anywhere near the height of my Phantom. The failsafe was the same as if I was in the 5 mile radius of an airport, but the closest small airport is 35 miles away. So I'm wondering if an airplane is close enough to the Phantom does it emit a signal like airports that cause a no fly failsafe?

You asked what height you had the the distance limits set to but completely ignored the question. So I'll ask it again what are your height and radius limits set to in the assistant software?? Also when the last time you did a advance IMU calibration.

Height is set to 1312 ft and Radius is 5249 ft When did you previously ask, this is your first post on this topic?

Yes I have done advanced IMU calibration.

At this point I am 98% certain I managed to screw up the antenna in the remote. I ordered a new one that should be here on Wednesday so that will tell me for sure.

trance728 said:
Height is set to 1312 ft and Radius is 5249 ft When did you previously ask, this is your first post on this topic?

Yes I have done advanced IMU calibration.

At this point I am 98% certain I managed to screw up the antenna in the remote. I ordered a new one that should be here on Wednesday so that will tell me for sure.

And it looks like you post this in more than one thread. :lol:

Got the new remote last night, tested it this morning and all is well. Took it up to 100 meters and not Failsafe triggering. So glad it wasn't something more than that and now I have better gimbal control. :D

trance728 said:
Got the new remote last night, tested it this morning and all is well. Took it up to 100 meters and not Failsafe triggering. So glad it wasn't something more than that and now I have better gimbal control. :D

Nice :) Glad to hear it! Thanks for following up

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31