Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Can a P3 Controller be reset (erased) back to factory original?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Canard-Aviator, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Canard-Aviator

Hello Everyone,

Is there an easy way to clear/reset the controller back to factory settings and clear any previous flight logs, etc...?

2. bbfpv

Assuming you mean the bird (since flight logs aren't stored on the controller), no. There used to be but the option was disabled in the app a few iterations ago.

3. Oso

Oso

I had the same understanding until I read this recent post:
    Reset flight logs before shipping sold P3P?

4. Francisp3p

people dont read sometimes.. people just have an opinion... this original post is about resetting remote control to factory settings?
    im here for help looking for advise on how to reset phantom3 professional remote controller to afctory settings

5. alokbhargava

I am not aware of any procedure to reset RC back to its factory setting. All the settings done thru DJI Go App get reset when you reset DJI GO App. It has some hidden settings that you and I will not know for example NFZs logs for your area.

Francisp3p likes this.
  6. RocketBrew

I did the upgrade to RC 1.6, and it seemed to go well. iPad Mini 4 on iOS 9.3.1
    upload_2016-4-18_21-33-8.png

After powering up the RC later, it showed Upgrade Required again. I clicked through to install, and it started but this time the screen showed Current version: Unknowm, Upgrade Version 1.6.0

After beeping for at least 30 minutes, I came back to the Go screen which no longer showed the upgrading dialog.

So I powered down the RC, and now when powered up, it shows the red LED for about 15 seconds then it starts flashing and the RC beeps. The Go app shows "Remote controller connected, please connect your aircraft.", but of course the RC does not connect to anything because it is too busy beeping!

I have tried reinstalling the Go app, but the RC does not seem to acknowledge it.

Is there a way to reset the RC to a state that it will take a firmware upgrade again?

7. Francisp3p

If i try to update my remote control via usb stick or thumdrive nothing happens

8. RocketBrew

Received this from DJI Support, it solved my issue!

- In the DJI Home screen there is a graduation cap or the academy icon on the right upper corner
    - Please hold that icon down for about 5-10 secs and a downgrade for the Rc should prompt
    - re install the 1.5.7 and the Rc should install that update and then you should have connection between the Drone and RC again