can a crash put the camera slightly out of focus?

Reaction score
Hello, yesteerday I hit a tree, the Phantom 3 pro fell upside-down from 10 meters (40 feet) on a meadow with little grass. did not report big evident damages, but I have the impression that picture is not as neat and crisp as before... since I have experienced a dramatic loss os focus after a crash in the Parrot Bebop, could this happen to the Phantom 3 Pro as well?

Sure, a crash can definitely affect the performance of the camera. Depending on how it crashed and how things got rattled around, this can happen. The P3 comes by default with a UV filter. The first step would be to make sure that there's not any markings or damage on the filter itself as that might be your main problem right there, especially if all else looks OK. If it's still out of focus after you've checked that then there could definitely be something wrong with your camera. Do you have any before & after photos you can share with us so we can see the difference?

thanks for replying, I will look for a Photo I took some days ago, perhaps I didi it in the same place.. if I find it I'll post the two pictures here, the filter and camera show absolutely no scratch, tick or ding, gimbals works and the arm is not bent, the drone hit the ground with its upper part, the landing gear was facing up.... but something must have happened to the camera assembly among the branches, because I lost one of the 4 rubber dampers and the gimbal connector was disconnected.. after reconnecting the flat cable everything seems to work, maybe it's just an impression, I might be self-convincing there is something wrong.. I'll let you know...

Reactions: skyhighdiver

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik