Can 1 remote cotrol 2 vision plus's

Reaction score
You should be able to re-bind the remote to the other phantom. You'll need to go through the binding process each time you switch quads.
The binding process is on page 19 of the manual and doesn't require opening the shell.

The one you bought used is a Vision+ with the camera removed?
If so the remotes should be compatible. But the Vision+ uses a 5.8GHz transmitter which isn't compatible with the standard Phantom 2 which uses a 2.4Ghz transmitter.

They both have to be 5.8GHz. Other then that, it's just a matter of restting it with a pin and the re blinking light under neath on side. Press pin until color change, then power on the r/c.

+1 to cahutch. My terrestrial spektrum remotes can hold more than 1 model, not sure about this DJI remote. I would not think so, however. Look at the manual as stated and it'll tell you about a link button/inidcator at the bottom of the phantom and you can use that to bind the bird to the remote. Let us know if after you bind the new bird if the remote is still functional with the original bird or if you have to re-bind. Then we'll all have the answer as to if the DJI remote can hold more than one model in memory.

I suspect the Vision+ controller/receiver works like most low-end, digital, non-computerized RC systems. When you put the receiver in pairing mode, it binds with the key hard coded into the controller. With this type of setup, you could bind an unlimited number of receivers to a single controller. Many of my older RC planes are bound to my original Airfield & Dynam 2.4 Ghz controllers. I just kept buying additional receivers as I added new aircraft.

Flying both at once seems like a recipe for disaster. I wouldn't recommend it.
As long as they had plenty of space between and around them and were both oriented the same direction you might be able to do a quick test flight just to see if it works.
If they were facing each other, forward stick would make them run at each other. You probably won't be able to keep them at the same altitude either so when you tell them to descend, one will touch ground before the other.

JUSTNONEYA said:
if it does work do you think I could fly both at once so I could set one in front of the other before takeoff and video the one without the camera with the one with the camera

Sure you could do that, but you would have to be extremely careful as you will soon be faced with a dilemma:

Each Phantom is unique and will perform and respond a little differently than the other. So when you first lift off, they will likely already be slightly out of sync, and the longer you go the further out of sync they will become. They will be at different altitudes, and eventually facing different directions. It would be an interesting experiment in synchronized flying, but I would do this with a couple of helpers on hand because you might wind up having to bring one bird near and pluck her out of the air in order to get the other one back. If things get totally out-of-hand, you can always engage Failsafe and they should bother RTH and land. Make sure to launch them facing the same direction and at least 10-15' apart so you have some wiggle room.

If you do this, please make a separate video from a third camera perspective so we can see the results.

JUSTNONEYA said:
if it does work do you think I could fly both at once so I could set one in front of the other before takeoff and video the one without the camera with the one with the camera
Quite sure the binding process will be just one receiver (phantom) at a time. If it didn't you could never have multiple folks with Phantoms in the same area.

mb_guy said:
Quite sure the binding process will be just one receiver (phantom) at a time. If it didn't you could never have multiple folks with Phantoms in the same area.

Actually I suspect this isn't the case, though I haven't had the opportunity to test this directly. The Phantom's radio is a fairly simple design. When you hit the bind button on the Phantom receiver, it binds with the first transmitter it detects. Each transmitter is coded with a random key. I don't know how many keys they are using, but the odds of two Phantoms operating in the same vicinity, each having the same key, is slim. Therefore, as is the case with many similar, non-computerized RC controllers, you should be able to bind multiple receivers to a single controller. I have at least a dozen receivers bound to a basic Airfield & a Dynam controller. My Hitec Aurora 9x is a fancier computer-radio. You can actually select your own key, and bind to dozens of receivers.

+1 to mb_guy. My Spektrum controller has been bound to 10 of my truggies/buggies/short-course/road cars. I can select through the on-screen menus which vehicle to bind but it only allows one receiver to be bound at a time. My cheap traxxas remote is also bound to multiple vehicles but it too only binds one receiver at a time, in this case whichever vehicle is turned on first. Justnoneya - why don't you bind your controller to the new bird. Try to spin the motors on the new bird with a CSC to assure it was bound properly. Then turn off that bird and turn on your original bird without doing a binding process. If you can do a CSC to spin the motors on the original bird then you'll know that both birds have been bound to the single remote control. For kicks, turn on both birds and do a CSC and see if both of them have their motors start up. I would be very surprised and pretty concerned from a safety standpoint if they both turned on.

Dirty-bird - I think what mb_guy meant was that the phantom controller can control only one vehicle at a time. I agree it's possible you can bind multiple receivers to one transmitter, I've done that too with all my other vehicles as I've stated. However, I think the transmitter can only have an active connection with one receiver at a time. This is the case for my terrestrial transmitters. I'm waiting for someone to post back whether or not the DJI transmitter will allow multiple receivers to be bound. I would highly doubt, however, that it will provide simultaneous control to multiple receivers. Would sound cool to be able to do synchronized flying but imagine the risk/danger if this feature existed.

rcfanhi said:
Dirty-bird - I think what mb_guy meant was that the phantom controller can control only one vehicle at a time. I agree it's possible you can bind multiple receivers to one transmitter, I've done that too with all my other vehicles as I've stated. However, I think the transmitter can only have an active connection with one receiver at a time. This is the case for my terrestrial transmitters. I'm waiting for someone to post back whether or not the DJI transmitter will allow multiple receivers to be bound. I would highly doubt, however, that it will provide simultaneous control to multiple receivers. Would sound cool to be able to do synchronized flying but imagine the risk/danger if this feature existed.

OK I see what you are saying. You may be correct as I have never attempted to control two receivers simultaneously. I'm not sure if the Phantom receiver is actually a bidirectional connection. The receiver knows when it is linked to the controller. But does the controller know it is connected to a receiver, or does it just blindly transmit the control signals? If so, the transmitter may not realize it is connected to multiple receivers? Tomorrow I'll have to test this with a couple of my Dynam & Airfield receiver equipped aircraft just for kicks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers