Camping in Gloucestershire

Reaction score
If anyone fancies camping and a meet, I run a small camping site Nr Gloucester and it would be great to have a bunch of Phantomites camping down here. Unfortunately due to the close proximity of Gloucestershire Airport well within 5 miles radius of us, drone flying would not be allowed on site. You would definitely have to stick to CAA rules. But Tewkesbury, The Forrest of Dean and Whye Valley are very close bye. It would be a great opportunity to get some amazing video and stills. I've not been into Drones very long, about a couple of years. It just seems to be a good opportunity for other Phantomites to get together, compare notes and learn from others. I know I'd benifit from what you lot have learned. Anyone who fancies the idea of a camping meet are welcome to email me at [email protected]. From the response, I'll come up with a date and cost per pitch per night to suit.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

We've not got a website. We are predominantly camping and caravan club, they pretty much manage advertising through their own member directory. However we can take other people too.
We are known as Court Farm Camping Twigworth. Until a year or so ago, the camp field wasn't up to much. I've leveled it and planted trees to lift the site. I've done it for nothing and enjoyed every moment. Now I want to bring people in. Give it a kick up the proverbial and make it work. I've put a few pics on line over the past months. I expect if you Google Court Farm Camping Twigworth, You'll stumble across us. Thanks for getting back to me.

Twiggies have gone now Frank.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ive re written my invite for other Phantom owners to come camping. With it there is a web link to a web site to which people can enquire for camping.

I run a small campsite just North of Gloucester. Its called Court Farm. Being a Phantom owner myself and living close to the Forest Of Dean and River Severn and Wye Valley, I wondered whether other Phantom flyers might like to bring their tent and camp here to Court Farm during the summer and drive short distances to flying sites. Even though the farm is no longer a working farm and we've got loads of space, sadly due to us only being 2 1/2 miles from the airport, we cant fly here. But there's loads of places locally where we can so long as those places are beyond the 5 miles restriction. Non of us want to bring down a plane do we and fuel the controversy relating to drones. If anything we need to generate support for our hobby and show people how responsible we are. Perhaps if we can get enough flyers here in one go, we could even generate good publicity for the DJI Phantom and owners . Who knows where that could lead us.
Our site is easy to find, alongside the A38 in Twigworth. Its flat and level grass, we've got showers and loos and are behind a key pad operated gate for security. Just down the road we've got an essential pub or two, both of them do great food. If you dont want to drive once here we've got bus stops right outside the gates.
If any one is interested in this thought of mine, ive put a link to a campsite finder, you can then go through the motions of booking via the web site and come on down. The owner of the web site has given me FREE web space for a while. So just to prove to him that his kind offer was worth it, would you please enquire to me via the web site only. Just click the link below and fill in the enquiry form.

Thank everyone
John (Django2)
CLICK LINK BELOW

Court Farm in Gloucester, Gloucestershire | Campsites.co.uk

Frank. You could give an old geezer a hand and recruit some campers amongst people you know with Phantoms. It would be fantastic to get a few down here with tents over the summer.. As I said though, to show my appreciation to the web master at campsites.co.uk, I ask people to enquire via the website.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Bought a tent and a drone last year and haven't used the tent. I live in Gloucester though lol. Although that said it would be good to learn the tent and meet other flyers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers