Campaign for the replacement of all P3A /Ps with old motors and shells

And something else for the last.Dji claims that the new motors are 800kv and they are more powerful than old motors 960kv?
I don't get it,i'm more than 20 years in the RC hobby,i assemble, repair and fly rc helicopters(nitro,gas,electric),first time i hear that a lower rpm motor is more powerful than a higher rpm motor.

And if you are selling a fine product but some (either because they are frootloops or they have malicous intent) want to complain about it even though their complaints are imaginary and baseless, how would you handle that?
DJI are entitled to run their facebook page as they please and if they want to remove spurious, misinformed comment or anything else that's their perogative.

Spock .. you go round and round with the same illogical nonsense, ignoring everything that's been posted.
Despite all your concerns your Phantom is just fine like most out there.
I doubt anyone can help you.
I will respond point by point buddy:
On you first point: I am a paying customer and a good one too i have no "malicious intent" nor i am a a "frootloop" a customer is a customer and should be tarted with respect so i don't know for who exactly you are making these remarks. Now I don't really know where you coming from as you keep supporting that the customer complaints are invalid but i saw them on this forum multiple times and you not producing and stats or numbers, nevertheless i am not posting to create a fuss I just want to get my point across.

To answer your question on "how we/i would handle it ?"... We have an actual churn prevention process in place for our millions of customers , if we discover that say a smartphone production batch is defective we ID the SNs and make these SNs public as we are honest towards our customers as per out cooperate responsibility code of conduct, then the customer call's in our call center or contact us online and we verify that his/hers device comes from the defective batch and we replace it immediately and free of charge within 3-5 working days. This is a voluntary scheme so if we have passionate customers such as DJI have you... that they don't want to exchange their device then you don't have to, but allow the rest of the customers to do so if they want...

Second point: DJI and any responsible multinational organization with a large customer base should implement international Marcoms (marketing communication) best practice and have experts at hand to reply to posts on their social media rather than gagging good honest paying customers of their genuine concerns even though these where made to what they like to think non-support Facebook group... that is a very absolute view and practice and very bad customer experience.... to say the least.- I wont post here the ridiculous excuse their admin (he is just doing his job though so i understand him, he was told to do this) gave me, and they are putting me back in the FB forum.

Meta4: Kindly please this is the second time that you insult me "illogical nonsense" please focus on your opinion without criticizing my way of thinking, in my book you don't know the first thing about product management and it is you that keeps jumping on my back about my views so calm down buddy i am just having my say if you don't like it or if you are affiliated in any way or form with DJI then follow a different strategy because insulting customers wont work... your attitude does not help.

Last edited:
DJI doesn't owe you any motors. Companies update their products all the time. It doesn't entitle you to their best and latest. Deal with it.

And if you want to get some satisfaction around cracked shells, you need to be very clear, consistent and reasonable. Complaining will get you no where. Suggest a plan of action and follow it.
Hello Ian

Companies do update their products all the time i absolutely agree but a faulty production batch is not a product upgrade. Ok i give up campaigning but i want to be free to say my opinion. I know may disagree but i payed all this money for my P3A and i just want the latest motors on it that according to DJI are better and more stable and the better less likely to crack shell. why is this so "absurd"?

And something else for the last.Dji claims that the new motors are 800kv and they are more powerful than old motors 960kv?
I don't get it,i'm more than 20 years in the RC hobby,i assemble, repair and fly rc helicopters(nitro,gas,electric),first time i hear that a lower rpm motor is more powerful than a higher rpm motor.
Yes you have a good point so it might be like the others said just a marketing incorrect statement, but this is what got me going... that statement that new motors are better and more stable etc.

Hello Ian

Companies do update their products all the time i absolutely agree but a faulty production batch is not a product upgrade. Ok i give up campaigning but i want to be free to say my opinion. I know may disagree but i payed all this money for my P3A and i just want the latest motors on it that according to DJI are better and more stable and the better less likely to crack shell. why is this so "absurd"?
As for a clear plan of action look at the example i gave to the above comment.

but this is what got me going... that statement that new motors are better and more stable etc.

That's not how it works. Imagine a car company releasing a model then say in a year later they give the model "mid life facelift" - adding in a couple of interior equipment and modify the engine to run more fuel efficiently, so what happen to the owners of the model prior to this "mid life facelift"? Do they suddenly demand their cars to be replaced with the improved model free of charge? Very highly unlikely. Just let it go... let it go... turn away and slam the door...

Reactions: Dounin Front
Meta4: Kindly please this is the second time that you insult me "illogical nonsense" please focus on your opinion without criticizing my way of thinking, in my book you don't know the first thing about product management and it is you that keeps jumping on my back about my views so calm down buddy i am just having my say if you don't like it or if you are affiliated in any way or form with DJI then follow a different strategy because insulting customers wont work... your attitude does not help.
Your logic is as faulty as your understanding of my relationship with DJI.
It's all been said several times but you just can't or won't understand.I give up .. there is no point continuing with someone that displays such a lack of logic and ignores every explanation given to them.

Reactions: BigAl07
That's not how it works. Imagine a car company releasing a model then say in a year later they give the model "mid life facelift" - adding in a couple of interior equipment and modify the engine to run more fuel efficiently, so what happen to the owners of the model prior to this "mid life facelift"? Do they suddenly demand their cars to be replaced with the improved model free of charge? Very highly unlikely. Just let it go... let it go... turn away and slam the door...
Sorry but this is not the case here. Buddy this is a clear case of design flaw or OEM material quality issue for the shells kn a specific batch only. And i am one of the unlucky ones to get a bird from that batch. Please refer to my answers i gave earlier here about best practice and international benchmark process for similar cases. 15 years in the telcom industry i worked all around the world but DJIs customer communication and secretivness is beyond me...

Your logic is as faulty as your understanding of my relationship with DJI.
It's all been said several times but you just can't or won't understand.I give up .. there is no point continuing with someone that displays such a lack of logic and ignores every explanation given to them.
This is your opinion. I am a paying customer and you just say or make a statement without any real arguments. Where as i answered diligently to all of your points. So pls do not challenge my politeness. I understand you its fine i respect your opinion but i do not agree with it.

You are misunderstanding the difference between an upgrade and a product recall. The motors are not faulty on your aircraft. Your aircraft may or may not have cracks but the motors are not faulty. This happens all the time in this industry and it's not a bad thing. We WANT the manufacturers to always be trying to improve the product so that when we buy our NEXT aircraft we get those improvements.

Once again you say "entitled".... that's a huge problem with our whole society these days. You bought a product that is functioning as designed (and probably very well so) but you want what's newer and "promoted" as better even though the data supports any improvement is a tiny fractional one at best. You could have bought this aircraft on October 29th and DJI announces on October 30th that they have this new battery that has 1.0% more capacity but that doesn't change the fact that it's just a production change wrapped up with some marketing fun. Maybe your business doesn't run this way but the vast majority of business will promote any positive aspect they can in order to try and garner increased market shares. Also this has the potential to "entice" existing customers to purchase the "better" version which only helps increase the bottom line. You've fallen victim to this tactic and you can't seem to see beyond it.

Just imagine how much fun you could have had FLYING your (£)899 aircraft all this time instead of worrying about the upgrades and "scheming" to get the newer motors. That's not how this works. Your product isn't faulty but if you insist it is by all means create a ticket within the DJI system, send it in, and let them evaluate it.

I sincerely wish you the very best of luck and I hope you go out and fly your aircraft like you stole it and have an absolutely AMAZING time. This aircraft has given you so much bang for your buck and you should enjoy it. Trust me when I say many of us have a lot more invested in these than just the (£)899 and we are still having fun. It's a great hobby and one that you can enjoy for many many hours and many years (4 decades of R/C here). Get out there and have fun my friend.

Sorry but this is not the case here. Buddy this is a clear case of design flaw or OEM material quality issue for the shells kn a specific batch only. And i am one of the unlucky ones to get a bird from that batch. Please refer to my answers i gave earlier here about best practice and international benchmark process for similar cases. 15 years in the telcom industry i worked all around the world but DJIs customer communication and secretivness is beyond me...

Like you have said, if it is design flaw or OEM material quality issue for the shells in A SPECIFIC BATCH ONLY, then DJI can just repair those affected with cracks free of charge, they don't have to (and there is no law asking them) to replace every one of the models with old shell and/or old motors with the new current model free of charge.

As for DJI's customer communication and secretiveness, I have read is pretty mediocre so far but there has been some improvement lately.

I see you have spent so much time arguing your point here (and in FB too?) and I hope you are not going to spend more time in the future, because the time you spend you might as well spend in work and earn some money, which you may be able to afford a new model Phantom 3. Or if you so hate DJI, you can always throw your current Phantom 3 in the bin as a protest and buy a new Yunec/Chroma/3DR...

Reactions: BigAl07
Like you have said, if it is design flaw or OEM material quality issue for the shells in A SPECIFIC BATCH ONLY, then DJI can just repair those affected with cracks free of charge, they don't have to (and there is no law asking them) to replace every one of the models with old shell and/or old motors with the new current model free of charge.

As for DJI's customer communication and secretiveness, I have read is pretty mediocre so far but there has been some improvement lately.

I see you have spent so much time arguing your point here (and in FB too?) and I hope you are not going to spend more time in the future, because the time you spend you might as well spend in work and earn some money, which you may be able to afford a new model Phantom 3. Or if you so hate DJI, you can always throw your current Phantom 3 in the bin as a protest and buy a new Yunec/Chroma/3DR...
The DJI should recall this batch then on voluntary bases.
I don't "hate" DJI i don don't love DJI its not that at all like that...is just that i hate to be played when i know what is going on.
Again i don't agree with your opinion but that is no reason for you to make remarks like "the time you spend you might as well spend in work" that is a) off topic and b) rude. so calm down and keep this convo civilized as i can be rude too... believe me...
Now back to the point i made earlier to you and your reply about what DJI have to do or could do.
Yes ok you admitted it Sir it is one batch so it is that batch is where my P3A came from there should be a proactive policy from DJI (not just a repair - i described such process further up to someone else ro to u ) and if its not then i like more forward communication from DJI and more protectiveness, approach me as customer with a nice batch email and tell me something to assure me that my P3A is ok in a similar meaner that others here tried to do (not the aggressive ones attaching me the other ones the polite people).
Then i insist there should be a voluntary replacement scheme if the P3A/Ps SN is proven to have come from a faulty batch. Regardless where it has a fault or not now these campaigns from vendors are benchmark and are design as proactive preventive and are done international. About the law i wont be so sure, where do you live? In the EU we have the consumer protection act.
"Directive 85/374/EEC - liability for defective products"
Directive 85/374/EEC - liability for defective products - Safety and health at work - EU-OSHA

I am going back to work now to earn some money and buy a new Phantom 3...

You are misunderstanding the difference between an upgrade and a product recall. The motors are not faulty on your aircraft. Your aircraft may or may not have cracks but the motors are not faulty. This happens all the time in this industry and it's not a bad thing. We WANT the manufacturers to always be trying to improve the product so that when we buy our NEXT aircraft we get those improvements.

Once again you say "entitled".... that's a huge problem with our whole society these days. You bought a product that is functioning as designed (and probably very well so) but you want what's newer and "promoted" as better even though the data supports any improvement is a tiny fractional one at best. You could have bought this aircraft on October 29th and DJI announces on October 30th that they have this new battery that has 1.0% more capacity but that doesn't change the fact that it's just a production change wrapped up with some marketing fun. Maybe your business doesn't run this way but the vast majority of business will promote any positive aspect they can in order to try and garner increased market shares. Also this has the potential to "entice" existing customers to purchase the "better" version which only helps increase the bottom line. You've fallen victim to this tactic and you can't seem to see beyond it.

Just imagine how much fun you could have had FLYING your (£)899 aircraft all this time instead of worrying about the upgrades and "scheming" to get the newer motors. That's not how this works. Your product isn't faulty but if you insist it is by all means create a ticket within the DJI system, send it in, and let them evaluate it.

I sincerely wish you the very best of luck and I hope you go out and fly your aircraft like you stole it and have an absolutely AMAZING time. This aircraft has given you so much bang for your buck and you should enjoy it. Trust me when I say many of us have a lot more invested in these than just the (£)899 and we are still having fun. It's a great hobby and one that you can enjoy for many many hours and many years (4 decades of R/C here). Get out there and have fun my friend.
Dear friend thank you for your wishes and your feedback.
My answer as bellow to "Noodle"

Lets agree to disagree.

I can understand Mr.Spock totally, i also own an older P3 with the "hot motors" and cracks. This left a bad taste and i can only say this killed my addiction to drones. That was basically a slap in the face of any first generation P3 owner because this product lost now a huge amount of worth on the used market which ppl dont consider here. DJI did this several times in the past.Its not like that first generation users could happily fly their P3s since the release date, no there were problems over problems with it and i did not used the thing since months because of the cracks, because of gimbal failure and because of unstable connections.

All in all i did like 10 flights and lost maybe 500 euro now because i have the old product now and nobody wants it because of the known problems. You couldnt even sell the thing with a peace of mind because the new owner can send it back because of the known failures and problems of the product. To say they will repair the cracks is *******, im sorry. I doubt DJI will repair any cracks after lets say 7 months and what is after a year when the warranty is gone? The cracks will most likely appear when the warranty is gone and repair costs are brutal because you need new motors, a 400 Euro mainboard and a new shell.

When you buy the old shell it will crack again after 6 months. So the older generation P3s are doomed and you will feel it at the used market. The old Phantom is probably good with the strong arm kits and in the winter time when its cold because in the summer this thing will glow like george foremans lean mean grilling machine.

Reactions: Mr.Spock
I can understand Mr-Spock totally, i also own an older P3 with the "hot motors" and cracks. This left a bad taste and i can only say this killed my addiction to drones. That was basically a slap in the facre of any first generation P3 owner because this product lost now a huge amount of worth on the used market which ppl dont consider here. Its not like that first generation users could happily fly their P3s since the release date, no there were problems over problems with it and i did not used the thing since months because of the cracks, because of gimbal failure and because of unstable connections.

All in all i did like 10 flights and lost maybe 500 euro now because i have the old product nobody wants because of the known problems. You couldnt even sell the thing with peace of mind because the new owner can send it back because of the known failures and problems of the product. To say they will repair the cracks is *******, im sorry. I doubt DJI will repair any cracks after lets say 7 months and what is after a year when the warranty is gone? The cracks will most likely appear when the warranty is gone and repair costs are brutal because you need new motors, a need 400 Euro mainboard and a new shell.

When you buy the old shell it will crack again after 6 months. So the older generation P3s are doomed and you will feel it at the used market. The old Phantom is probably good with the strong arm kits and in the winter time when its cold because in the summer this thing will glow like george foremans lean mean grilling machine.
:(

Hot motors are not defective motors. Some designs run hotter than others. Do you touch your car's engine when you shut it off? I have $2,000 of KDE motors on my X8 that get very hot. They're working perfectly normally.

Your motors are fine. Your shell is probably fine. You don't have much of a case if you're drone still works as advertised. So go flying. If something happens, document it, take it up with DJI. That's it. It's just that simple.

Live long and prosper! :D

Reactions: Meta4 and BigAl07
Hot motors are not defective motors. Do you touch your car's engine when you shut it off? I have $2,000 of KDE motors on my X8 that get very hot. They're working perfectly normally.

Your motors are fine. Your shell is probably fine. You don't have much of a case if you're drone still works as advertised. So go flying. If something happens, document it, take it up with DJI. That's it. It's just that simple.

Live long and prosper! :D
"Hot motors are not defectivre" "there is nothing wrong with P3s" car industry inaccurate and adegctotal comparisons and a passion for counter argument for anyone that hapens just to be concerned and make us look like we don't know what we are talking about... ok...

I can understand Mr.Spock totally, i also own an older P3 with the "hot motors" and cracks. This left a bad taste and i can only say this killed my addiction to drones. That was basically a slap in the face of any first generation P3 owner because this product lost now a huge amount of worth on the used market which ppl dont consider here. DJI did this several times in the past.Its not like that first generation users could happily fly their P3s since the release date, no there were problems over problems with it and i did not used the thing since months because of the cracks, because of gimbal failure and because of unstable connections.

All in all i did like 10 flights and lost maybe 500 euro now because i have the old product now and nobody wants it because of the known problems. You couldnt even sell the thing with a peace of mind because the new owner can send it back because of the known failures and problems of the product. To say they will repair the cracks is *******, im sorry. I doubt DJI will repair any cracks after lets say 7 months and what is after a year when the warranty is gone? The cracks will most likely appear when the warranty is gone and repair costs are brutal because you need new motors, a 400 Euro mainboard and a new shell.

Spot on!

"Hot motors are not defectivre" "there is nothing wrong with P3s" car industry inaccurate and adegctotal comparisons and a passion for counter argument for anyone that hapens just to be concerned and make us look like we don't know what we are talking about... ok...

Does not compute. Is there a sentence in here somewhere?

Reactions: Meta4
Mr Spock unfortunately there are people who use this site who do not believe that having genuine concerns about a expensive product should be shared. I have raised multiple comments regarding to bonafide true and present problems which in the whole are met with criticism. I love my Phantom - when it works. I want it to be fit for purpose. I also want to choose if the performance of my Phantom is reduced - not have it forced on me. It's clear that some (not all)feel these requests are beyond what is to be expected and that customers should just put up and shut up. I'm sure they make excellent husbands!! Don't stop fighting for what you think is right and don't let the haters get you down. It's when customers stop caring enough to comment about there purchases and just go elsewhere that manufacturers reply with "well we didn't know". When approx 1 in 3 units are suffering from failures these are not small numbers (dji official poll). I praise my fantastic P3 when it works and want answers when it doesn't. Good luck with your petition and here's hoping DJI take note and get it sorted as there are going to be a lot of manufactures which will happily take your business if they don't sort it very soon. Good luck mate :)

Reactions: Mr.Spock and nickyb

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub