Campaign for the replacement of all P3A /Ps with old motors and shells

Ρε φιλε μου δεν εχει κανενα προβλημα,ουτε ρωγμες ουτε προβληματικα μοτερ ειναι υπεροχο.Μια συγκεκριμενη παρτιδα απο τα P3 εχει προβληματικα shells οχι ολα. Μην ανοιγεις θεματα χωρις λογο.

Ρε φιλε μου δεν εχει κανενα προβλημα,ουτε ρωγμες ουτε προβληματικα μοτερ ειναι υπεροχο.Μια συγκεκριμενη παρτιδα απο τα P3 εχει προβληματικα shells οχι ολα. Μην ανοιγεις θεματα χωρις λογο.
For anyone that didn't think to use Google Translate ...
Hey Dude has no problem , neither cracks nor problematic motor is yperocho.Mia the consignment concerned by the P3 has not troubled all shells . Do not open matters unnecessarily.

I can't think of any forum rules broken and didn't notice bad language.

DJI made a minor change during the P3 production run and you feel entitled to a replacement of a perfectly good P3 with one with the shiny new motors because the marketing department says they are "more stable".

The irony of such a monumental display of illogical thinking coming from someone that styles themselves as Spock is greatly amusing.
This thread is up there with yesterday's DJI is threatening me and my family.
I wtote this earlyer but probaly u mised it? i work for a multinational corporation in thr telecoms industry though so diffrent field and part of my job is product assurance, belive me DJI if i had a product with funtemental design and material flaws (like the OLD P3A/Psw do) we would have exchanged all these devices. DJI has a product with a fundamental design flaw associated with the shell and the old motors resulting in shell cracks. It would be really awesome if DJI replaced the crafts for a latest version.

I will reply in English out of respect for those that cant read Greek buddy. Thanks for this but these people *(DJI) i gave 1200 UK pounds and what do they do... they go and delete my Facebook post... not only that but the things i mentioned . .

For anyone that didn't think to use Google Translate ...
Hey Dude has no problem , neither cracks nor problematic motor is yperocho.Mia the consignment concerned by the P3 has not troubled all shells . Do not open matters unnecessarily.
As a matter of fact its not exactly like this,i'm sorry my english are not very good.I write to him there is not any problem with the old motors and shells just some of the production line has problematic shells.

Reactions: Meta4
Probably because they are just as annoyed with your post as all of us are ;)
But a customer is entitled to his opinion on a social media forum is he not? Anoyed its ok... disagreeing ok too... but deleting the post ? They can mange it or they are hiding something? I have contacted their moderator hoping that this is just a glitch... any way back to the topic. And don't be annoyed with me please i don't mean bad....

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I wrote this earlyer but probaly u missed it? i work for a multinational corporation in thr telecoms industry though so diffrent field and part of my job is product assurance, belive me DJI if i had a product with funtemental design and material flaws (like the OLD P3A/Psw do) we would have exchanged all these devices. DJI has a product with a fundamental design flaw associated with the shell and the old motors resulting in shell cracks. It would be really awesome if DJI replaced the crafts for a latest version.
I didn't miss it.
If your company had a product that sold in millions and a few misinformed customers convinced themselves (despite all contrary evidence) that there was a problem with a perfectly functioning product, do you think the company should organise a replacement program for everyone?
I'll come back to what's relevant .. have you got any problem with your Phantom?
The majority of P3 users don't have the problems you are concerned with, real cracking or imaginary stability.
If your Phantom is one of the few that develops cracks, DJI will replace it.
DJI won't replace Phantom because of imaginary issues.

More than likely, the motor design changed because the new motor design is cheaper to manufacture than the older motors. Whether there is actually any improvement in efficiency is not yet proven. In fact, the new motors may not hold up as well over time compared to the older, proven motors. Would you be upset if DJI exchanged your motors to the new ones and in a month or 2 we found out that they are not as robust as the old ones?

In regards to their FB page. You have to understand it exists only to promote the wonderfulness of DJI. That is why it is objectively useless.

If your shell cracks, then they will replace it. Don't stress out about the newer motors that may even be not as good as what you have. Life is too short!

I didn't miss it.
If your company had a product that sold in millions and a few misinformed customers convinced themselves (despite all contrary evidence) that there was a problem with a perfectly functioning product, do you think the company should organise a replacement program for everyone?
I'll come back to what's relevant .. have you got any problem with your Phantom?
The majority of P3 users don't have the problems you are concerned with, real cracking or imaginary stability.
If your Phantom is one of the few that develops cracks, DJI will replace it.
DJI won't replace Phantom because of imaginary issues.
So lets agree to disagree obviously you feel very passionate about your option which makes me wonder a bit. I will ask u instead do u have any numbers of P3s that have not cracked ? U keep mentioning a few... but in this forum alone i have read alot. I answered already if i have had any cracks. No i do not but i flew only 2 hours in total since i bought it because i do HW design and development so i know that where there is smoke there is fire and when customers complaint in a pattern then there is an issue.

Don't know what this says, but I like it and agree.

Reactions: Mr.Spock and gppms
More than likely, the motor design changed because the new motor design is cheaper to manufacture than the older motors. Whether there is actually any improvement in efficiency is not yet proven. In fact, the new motors may not hold up as well over time compared to the older, proven motors. Would you be upset if DJI exchanged your motors to the new ones and in a month or 2 we found out that they are not as robust as the old ones?

In regards to their FB page. You have to understand it exists only to promote the wonderfulness of DJI. That is why it is objectively useless.

If your shell cracks, then they will replace it. Don't stress out about the newer motors that may even be not as good as what you have. Life is too short!
After all the negative comments i got here this is the only post that actually makes sense. Thank u. Ok i hope u are right about the motors buddy as for the FB still sensoring and social media... thats not a good combo. For the shell ok but if they know it might be defective why not offer some short of proactive churn preventive campaign?

So lets agree to disagree obviously you feel very passionate about your option which makes me wonder a bit. I will ask u instead do u have any numbers of P3s that have not cracked ? U keep mentioning a few... but in this forum alone i have read alot. I answered already if i have had any cracks. No i do not but i flew only 2 hours in total since i bought it because i do HW design and development so i know that where there is smoke there is fire and when customers complaint in a pattern then there is an issue.
You need to get things in perspective.
A small number of people on the forums have convinced themselves and others like you, that there is a big problem but the evidence just isn't there.
I don't have numbers but I get a good feel for how many complainers there are here (very small number) and I know that DJI are selling very large numbers of Phantoms.

Forums are great for spreading misinformation.
Lots of members have a very unscientific way of looking at things.
In forums like this .. where there is smoke, there is often user misunderstanding and misinformation.
Left unchallenged, your thread would only contribute to perpetuating myths.

Reactions: QaaUz and BigAl07
First let's slow down a bit... the reason people "see so many" problems is because few people go online to compliment and sing the praises of a great product. Those people just fly and fly and fly. We "usually" only come online to resolve a problem or possibly look for an upgrade. Fact of the matter is the % of shell problems is very minute when you look at the mind boggling # of units that have been sold. Yes when you come to a "helping forum" you are going to see many problem because that's the nature of the visit in the first place. It's almost like a funneling effect bringing all the problems to a centralized location while the non-problems stay outside flying their tales off and smiling all the day long. Yes a few of us come here to chit-chat and try to help others but the vast majority of people simply come here to talk about their problem and find a resolution.

In regards to "shell problems" DJI has stepped up and if you have a cracked shell send it to an authorized repair facility and they replace it. That's pretty top notch.

In regards to the "improved motors" I can tell you that you have fallen victim to "creative marketing". Of course they are going to say SOMETHING is better about the new motors. It's marketing/advertising 101. Any chance a company gets to say something is better (and for the same price) they are going to. I know I would. Even if it's only 0.00001% better it's still an improvement none the less and something you will advertise to instill value and more importantly "need" into some people who feel they MUST have this new and improved item. The existing motors perform GREAT and are insanely stable. Some of us have hundred of flights on them which comes up to dozens and dozens of hours of flight time with no problems what so ever.

As for you being "entitled to the best money can buy".... well you got that but you did not get a lifetime guarantee to free upgrades. That costs extra LOL! Thank goodness DJI is looking for improvements etc to their existing product line. That's simply being a forward thinking company and not a slap in the face to previous clients. Anything you buy of an electronic nature is almost outdated when you get it home for the first time. Everything is changing fast and a large part of the aircraft will be completely new in just a few quarters if not sooner. Suppliers are working 24/7 to improve processes, components, and overall performance of every part of the aircraft.

Things will change and unfortunately you can't have the latest and greatest once you've hit the "Purchase" button and paid the man. From that very moment forward you are getting closer and closer to an obsolete aircraft and that's just part of this great hobby.

Your real only options are to fly and enjoy what you have or sell it and buy a newer version every few weeks. This way you'll be assured to always be on the cutting edge... at least for a few weeks.

Good luck and Safe Flights :)
Allen

You need to get things in perspective.
A small number of people on the forums have convinced themselves and others like you, that there is a big problem but the evidence just isn't there.
I don't have numbers but I get a good feel for how many complainers there are here (very small number) and I know that DJI are selling very large numbers of Phantoms.

Forums are great for spreading misinformation.
Lots of members have a very unscientific way of looking at things.
In forums like this .. where there is smoke, there is often user misunderstanding and misinformation.
Left unchallenged, your thread would only contribute to perpetuating myths.
Ok this is indeed a fair comment and i sincerely hope that i am wrong and that u r right cuz i love my bird and what it can do.

First let's slow down a bit... the reason people "see so many" problems is because few people go online to compliment and sing the praises of a great product. Those people just fly and fly and fly. We "usually" only come online to resolve a problem or possibly look for an upgrade. Fact of the matter is the % of shell problems is very minute when you look at the mind boggling # of units that have been sold. Yes when you come to a "helping forum" you are going to see many problem because that's the nature of the visit in the first place. It's almost like a funneling effect bringing all the problems to a centralized location while the non-problems stay outside flying their tales off and smiling all the day long. Yes a few of us come here to chit-chat and try to help others but the vast majority of people simply come here to talk about their problem and find a resolution.

In regards to "shell problems" DJI has stepped up and if you have a cracked shell send it to an authorized repair facility and they replace it. That's pretty top notch.

In regards to the "improved motors" I can tell you that you have fallen victim to "creative marketing". Of course they are going to say SOMETHING is better about the new motors. It's marketing/advertising 101. Any chance a company gets to say something is better (and for the same price) they are going to. I know I would. Even if it's only 0.00001% better it's still an improvement none the less and something you will advertise to instill value and more importantly "need" into some people who feel they MUST have this new and improved item. The existing motors perform GREAT and are insanely stable. Some of us have hundred of flights on them which comes up to dozens and dozens of hours of flight time with no problems what so ever.

As for you being "entitled to the best money can buy".... well you got that but you did not get a lifetime guarantee to free upgrades. That costs extra LOL! Thank goodness DJI is looking for improvements etc to their existing product line. That's simply being a forward thinking company and not a slap in the face to previous clients. Anything you buy of an electronic nature is almost outdated when you get it home for the first time. Everything is changing fast and a large part of the aircraft will be completely new in just a few quarters if not sooner. Suppliers are working 24/7 to improve processes, components, and overall performance of every part of the aircraft.

Things will change and unfortunately you can't have the latest and greatest once you've hit the "Purchase" button and paid the man. From that very moment forward you are getting closer and closer to an obsolete aircraft and that's just part of this great hobby.

Your real only options are to fly and enjoy what you have or sell it and buy a newer version every few weeks. This way you'll be assured to always be on the cutting edge... at least for a few weeks.

Good luck and Safe Flights :)
Allen
Thank you for taking the time to respond. And i value this opinion but i don't agree with u. That is simply not how product marketing works you don't make statements that will cannibalise existing customers and services or products for the sake of new ones thats my first point. Second point is reverting you the question from an example from my industry, how would you like if you walked into a mobile operator shop and buy what u belive to be the latest smarphone say iPhone 6+ then after u discover or u read patterns in customer complaints that the screen cracks easily vis -a-vis the product is not fit for purpose. Would u keep it till it cracked or would u contact the mobile operator and ask for a new production pice that is improved and it does not crack?
Third point as i mentioned before i bough my P3A beginning of September do no i don't want "a life time guaranty" but i will insist that if another customer payed 899 pounds +extras... for the same product with the same spec but more stable (true or not they said it) and less risky to crack then i am entitled to one too.
That is what responsible companies do rather than blocking people from their FB forum because they cant handle polite customer comments....

how would you like if you walked into a mobile operator shop and buy what u belive to be the latest smarphone say iPhone 6+ then after u discover or u read patterns in customer complaints that the screen cracks easily vis -a-vis the product is not fit for purpose. Would u keep it till it cracked or would u contact the mobile operator and ask for a new production piece that is improved and it does not crack?

That is what responsible companies do rather than blocking people from their FB forum because they cant handle polite customer comments....
And if you are selling a fine product but some (either because they are frootloops or they have malicous intent) want to complain about it even though their complaints are imaginary and baseless, how would you handle that?
DJI are entitled to run their facebook page as they please and if they want to remove spurious, misinformed comment or anything else that's their perogative.

Spock .. you go round and round with the same illogical nonsense, ignoring everything that's been posted.
Despite all your concerns your Phantom is just fine like most out there.
I doubt anyone can help you.

Reactions: BigAl07
DJI doesn't owe you any motors. Companies update their products all the time. It doesn't entitle you to their best and latest. Deal with it.

And if you want to get some satisfaction around cracked shells, you need to be very clear, consistent and reasonable. Complaining will get you no where. Suggest a plan of action and follow it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4