Cameral gimbal control

Reaction score
I have just updated my Phantom 2 Vision to the latest firmware, i.e. Phantom 2 Vision Assistant Software v3.6, and camera gimbal control does not work from the android app. The camera gimbal still stabilises the camera but the android app. screen control buttons are not functioning. Has anyone got any suggestions to correct this?

Spen 100 said:
I have just updated my Phantom 2 Vision to the latest firmware, i.e. Phantom 2 Vision Assistant Software v3.6, and camera gimbal control does not work from the android app. The camera gimbal still stabilises the camera but the android app. screen control buttons are not functioning. Has anyone got any suggestions to correct this?
You didn't happen to push the little gyroscope thingy right above the up and down slider, did you? That disables the slider and makes the gimbal controllable by tilting the phone.

No, I tried that. From I can figure out this is a software issue. This must be connected with channel7 disablement. This was in v3.4 software update. Why it disabled the tilt control on android screen is a mystery.

Resolved it now. In the Phantom 2 Vision Assistant Software v3.6 the Transmitter version defaults to the upgraded transmitter not the basic transmitter. This disables the tilt control on the android app. The solution is to revert the transmitter version to the basic version. The gimbal tilt control works perfect now. I hope this is useful to other phantom 2 vision owners.
Spen 100 P2V andF550 in construction.

Spen 100 said:
Resolved it now. In the Phantom 2 Vision Assistant Software v3.6 the Transmitter version defaults to the upgraded transmitter not the basic transmitter. This disables the tilt control on the android app. The solution is to revert the transmitter version to the basic version. The gimbal tilt control works perfect now. I hope this is useful to other phantom 2 vision owners.
Spen 100 P2V andF550 in construction.

How do you revert it back to the basic version?

I am having a similar problem... installed the new DJI Vision app software... now once I touch the up or down arrows to adjust the camera tilt. The camera will go full up or full down and lock there [red light on the arrow scale] it will not move again until I power cycle the Phantom 2 v +. Worked normal before the update now this full tilt problem.

Spen 100 is correct... I do not know how or why... but if you go into the Assistant Software v. 3.6 Basic/ RC and change to the basic transmitter [even though it is not one you have]
the camera tilt works properly with the updated app. I wish you got as good assistance from DJI Tech support. as you do from these websites. THANK YOU

sidebar: I was having problems with my Samsung Tab 3 7" tablet too and the new DJI Vision app update... keep closing the FPV screen and back to the master screen, DID NOT loose wi-fi.
SO, since I use this tablet only for Phantom/FPV use and nothing else... I uninstall, closed down, return to factory settings ever app that allowed me to do it... and BINGO the Vision App works great with the Samsung.

I have the upgraded transmitter and I have the same issue. When it is in the Upgraded Transmitter Version mode, the gimble works great but I cannot make it pitch at all (red indicator on the slide bar). When I switch it to Basic, the buttons on the app work fine. I really would like to utilize the thumb wheel on the remote again. Anyone able to get this working again? I am pretty sure everything is the current firmware (except for my camera)..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers