Camera Won't Record on SDXC 32GB SanDisk Ultra

Reaction score
Brand new, fully upgraded, fully charged and reformatted 32GB SDXC card (SanDisk Ultra) won't record. Has anybody encountered/solved this problem? Works fine with the SDHC 4GB card (also SanDisk) that came with the copter. The card works fine in my GoPro. Not a deal-breaker, but I sure would like to use a bigger card.

I'm using a SanDisk Ultra 32GB SDHC card, and it does work. I haven't tried an SDXC card.

I am also using a SDHC (not X) 16GB and it works fine. Just a thought - how is the SDXC card formatted? Both the original dji 4GB and my new 16GB are FAT32 formatted. Perhaps your new SDXC card is formatted in NTFS? - which the dji camera hardware may not like? It looks like this might be the case because dji says it will take a card up to 32GB which is the native drive size limit when formatting in FAT32. It's easy to check its current format - In PC Windows (sorry I don't know Apple) highlight the new 32GB SanDisk Drive, right mouse click, select Properties, next to File System does it say NTFS or FAT32? If it's already FAT32, then I'm out of ideas. If it's NTFS you can reformat the SanDisk 32GB drive to FAT32 (make sure you select/format the right drive!) and that may get you going!

seminole360 said:
Brand new, fully upgraded, fully charged and reformatted 32GB SDXC card (SanDisk Ultra) won't record. Has anybody encountered/solved this problem? Works fine with the SDHC 4GB card (also SanDisk) that came with the copter. The card works fine in my GoPro. Not a deal-breaker, but I sure would like to use a bigger card.

Never seen a 32 gig Sandisk SDXC, but I am using 32 gig Sandisk Ultra SDHC cards and they work fine. You sure that isn't a 64 or 128 gig card? I have a couple of 64 gig Sandisk Ultra SDXC cards. They do NOT work in my Vision+.

Dirty Bird said:
Never seen a 32 gig Sandisk SDXC, but I am using 32 gig Sandisk Ultra SDHC cards and they work fine. You sure that isn't a 64 or 128 gig card? I have a couple of 64 gig Sandisk Ultra SDXC cards. They do NOT work in my Vision+.

I have been using a 64GB flash card formatted FAT32 with the HP format tool.
http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=197

I'm in the process now of loading 40GB of data onto the card to see if I can still record video if there is > 32GB of data on the partition.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd